All reviews fire pit lake chelan wine tasting picnic tables mountain view lodge hot tub white towels stay nights place to stay within walking distance other guests minute drive large room amenities pup protein microwave
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Was able to book this property on a very busy weekend in the Chelan/Manson area. The room was upstairs and the down side was no elevator. But, the room had been recently renovated and was very nice. It wasn't a large room but big enough to 3 people. They do not furnish a morning breakfast but there is a refrigerator and coffee pot. They have fresh baked cookies in the evening in the lobby and furnish robes for the hot tub and pool experience. There is a great area to BBQ your steaks and have a dinner in the picnic area. Check in was a good
experience, very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Rates vary depending on the season which can be expected in this very popular tourist area. Located right in the heart of the many wineries in the area and several really good eating establishments from fine dining to the local pubs that serve really great tavern foods. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank Nanameo6
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

I was only here for one day, but I could come back for another visit..
Older rooms,,but large..
The grounds look taken care of and my room was very clean with a beautiful note and flowers....
There seems to be a lot of character here....
I would come back...

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank radioeye
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We were embarking on a long road trip, and planned to stop for the night after visiting family in Lake Chelan. The check in area was nice. the room is nice, clean and cool. The patio area has a set of chairs and a table in front of every room. The hotel faces the parking lot, but past the parking lot is the pool, lawn, bbq patio and picnic area. It looks like a fun place to bring a bunch of family and host a cook-out potluck type thing. The pool was open even after dark. We didn't do much because my eldest wasn't feeling well and we were simply glad that it was a nice cool retreat for him. On the second floor we had very little noise from the pool/patio. In the morning there was a bit of noise from our neighbors who were drinking coffee and chatting loudly.
My main quibble is that there was no breakfast. I walked into town for a local cafe and they weren't open until 8am. If we didn't want to get a move-on that would probably have been fine. Thankfully they had the menu on the window so as soon as the door unlocked I had my order ready.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank ClineFam
Reviewed 23 June 2015

My husband, myself, and our toddler booked a room at the Mountain View Lodge. Normally we stay in Chelan, but decided to branch out. The hotel is walking distance to lots of wineries, restaurants, and a grocery store. My daughter loved the pool area where they supply nice big pool towels and pool noodles. The best part is the large covered outdoor barbeque area with gas grills and a really nice firepit. If you want to eat out, the Sunset Bar and Grill is right down the street and really yummy. The hotel is very welcoming (welcome message on a chalkboard outside our room) and the rooms have been updated, we especially enjoyed the throws on the end of the bed, nice to cuddle up with. In the morning grab coffee from Doc's coffee across the street and sit on the veranda just outside your door.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank jennisnowflake
Reviewed 20 June 2015

We were on a tour of the northwest and looking for a place to stay in the Chelan Lake area. While on the road, we made reservatIons via the Internet. No hassle, reasonable cost, less than $100.00, and surprisingly nice place. The rooms were clean, bedding comfortable and the staff accommodating and friendly. They have grills set up like a California outdoor kitchen. The grills were spotless! Honestly, there was not a piece of residual meat or burnt crust on any of the four stainless gas grills I looked at. The picnic tables were shaded and clean. There are several wine tasting rooms and adequate restaurants within walking distance. (Try the Sunset Grill for a really cold beer and 14 Hands house wine for $5.00 during happy hour.). The view is so-so and there is a little seating area outside the rooms for the view. It is an older, non-pretentious place to stay, but in no way lacks for comfort.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple