“Not so great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were on our way to the Oregon coast and spent the night in Kelso. Had dinner at JT'S after checking the favorable reviews. My wife loves crab cakes. Sadly, my wife's crab cakes "Don"t taste like crab cakes". A lot of "filler and very mushy". They were the color of Salmon?...My steak was really not that good. Too bad, as I am not overly picky. Side veggies were nice as we're the mashed potatoes. For the same price, my wife ordered crab cakes at the Blackfish Cafe in Lincoln City. Incredible.. Light crust on the outside and crabby good on the inside. I was hoping JT'S would be good, unfortunately, for us, not that good.

1  Thank Skip W

Reviewed 8 March 2014

JTs serves a classier meal than many in Longview, although you do pay a bit more for it. They have great seafood and steaks as well as a variety of other dishes for those who aren't fond of either. They also have a great martini menu and bar. I highly recommend going there when you are in town.

1  Thank Lyn S
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Lunch is very good. Dinner is great. Service has always been good. Atmosphere is nice. We enjoy each and every meal here

1  Thank kimberlees6
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have lived in the Seattle area for the last 20+ years, but grew up in Longview. Seattle has many excellent dining establishments. So I do have some perspective of quality. JT's is a small restaurant so reservations are strongly recommended. I'm also not sure how many seatings they do but I'd guess two. The server was fantastic. The owner of the place brought us our drinks to our table. Two other servers also helped wait on us. All that and no table was empty. The owner does a great job creating a pleasant ambiance with little expense. Touches of elegance in just the right places.
Two of us had the nights special of Mahi Mahi, one with Yukon golden garlic mashed potatoes, the other with a rice pilaf. The vegetable medley was cooked slightly more than al dente. The fish was perfectly cooked, and the sauce on it was excellent. One person had steak tenderloin and another had the chicken picatta. All were perfectly cooked with excellent flavor. The desert tray was limited but decadent looking. I tried a bite of the flan, and peanut reeses pie. Both excellent and light. The drinks are fairly priced and fair pours.
Is it the best restaurant I've eaten at? No, but I've also spent over $300 for 2 people. Here, 4 of us less than $170 which includes, drinks, tax, tip.
This place is obviously operating at capacity at dinner...at least on a Saturday night.
It is a great place with a small neighborhood feel to it. Bar is small but has a big screen tv with sports. I will be back! Oh yeah, parking was not a problem.
There are a few tables to give a couple nice privacy.

1  Thank MXonceAyear
Reviewed 20 October 2013

All the meals I've had there has been wonderful They are friendly and willing to change anything to make you happy. I highly recommend going here and eating

1  Thank CookieNeenah