“long beach has a mexican joint?”

El Compadre Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 December 2011

its a average slighty dirty a bit sticky and a bit pricey for the usual mexican fair, but it will do in a pinch it you like margaritas chips and salsa! beware the place gets really busy with the senior crowd (lots of blue hairs) from 4 to 530, lunch it the best time lunch menu saves you a few dollars over dinner prices but portions are a bit smaller

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Can't complain... Good standard Mexican food. And the salsa is AMAZING!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The owners of this restaurant are gracious and provide a nice Mexican decor. The Booths are very comfortable. The menu is large and all is reasonably priced. Eat here every week and have never had a bad meal.

1  Thank RMGLBCS
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Coming into this restaurant it seemed nice by the atmosphere and the seating of the restaurant. Too bad that didn't make up for the horrible food! I had a limited amour of meat with my fajitas and my fathers steak was so dry and so over cooked and so tough meat! The service was bad and the people next to us all there meals were completely mixed up with other peoples meals! There were only two waiters working and the only thing I think I enjoyed was the Bottle of Coke I had! Overall one of he worst Mexican Restaurants I have been to! :(

1  Thank Rueben94
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We weren't sure whether to try this restaurant as it hadn't had many reviews. But, we were tired from driving and this restaurant was close to where we were staying so we decided to give it a try. We both had Chicken Carnitas with whole beans (instead of refried). The prices were typical of most mexican restaurants. We were very pleased with the great food and the portions were just right - not too big and not too small. We will definitely return again.