“Great views”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Rustic seating at the different windows facing the ocean. Good breakfast. Would be nice if they had buffet and included it with the stay at the Adrift Hotel.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Pickled Fish is on the 4th floor of the Adrift Hotel overlooking the ocean. My husband and I went for breakfast the last Saturday in March before heading to Cape Disappointment to hike. We were able to choose a small table by the window with a great view of the beach. We were there around 9am and there were only a couple of other tables occupied, but I wonder if they get a lot busier during the summer months. The service was attentive and helpful. I had Brady's Breakfast Sammy, which was good. I was skeptical of the pickled onion and oven dried tomatoes on a breakfast sandwich, but it worked. My husband's choice, Ricotta pancakes, were even better: dense, rich, and drenched in not-too-sweet blackberry syrup. Oh, and even the coffee was delicious. The decor is nice, a modern but rustic look. We had passed this place so many times; I wish we had tried it sooner.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Good place to catch sunset and have some "dirty fries". One of the only places with live music every night, just know the 20℅ tip is made into the bill.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is possibly the only place you can SEE the ocean while you eat...awesome view, especially at sunset. Excellent seafood. However, I vigorously object to their automatic 20% service charge. Diners are not expected to give an additional tip (really, additional?) but "if you would like to leave a tip, feel free" the card says. We are good tippers but we like to make the percentage choice ourselves. Having said that, service was mediocre. Waitstaff was pleasant but we had to ask for appetizer plates, ask twice for another round of drinks and water. Not 20% service.

1  Thank lindahagenmiller
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I've been here before and I'll keep coming back. Excellent service, interesting menu items even on the small mid-afternoon bar list, great views. This time I had the Deviled Eggs that came on a nice bed of edible greens and a cup of really thick Clam Chowder, my buddy had the buttermilk battered oysters. Everything was great, including the cocktails!