“great hotel with a beautiful view!”

Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My hubby decided to take me away for a romantic weekend getaway after I'd been working a lot of hours at work, and he booked us at the Best western icicle Inn. I was really pleased pulling in at how close the hotel was to the mountains it probably has some of the best views. We got a king fire place/jacuzzi suite and the only one left was a handicap room which was fine by us. The suite had a living room area with a pull out couch and chairs, there was a Flat screen Tv above the fire place and it was nicely decorated. it had a little kitchenette with coffee,tea, provided. the bathroom was really nice and the jacuzzi was wonderful! my only small complaint is the jacuzzi tub is only big enough for one person and it's fairly short. I'm only 5' but I had to bend my knees slightly because the length wasn't very long.. and like I said this was for a romantic get away so it would have been nice to share a bath with the hubster. other than that everything was fantastic, the bed was really comfy and there was even robes to use during our stay, I loved their bath products and the tub even came with a little rubber ducky..lol I thought that was cute. I loved that it's right next door to the movie theater, there's also a little arcade in there we went and saw a movie while we were there... The restaurant inside the hotel was very nice and made really good food we ate there 3 times during our visit there and every time the food was wonderful! I would definitely go back again! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marialovesmexico
There are newer reviews for Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Had a delightful time in the town. The hotel was clean and it had a view of the mountains. It is a little bit of a walk into town but it's refreshing and once you make it down there you can have some warm mulled wine. Rooms are pretty standard, bartender and staff were charming.
+They do have an adults only hot tub time in the evening
-My husband said the line for breakfast was so long that he walked into town instead.
It's three stars because of the rate in the winter which I thought should be considerably less; but I still like Best Western.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Starting with the reception at the front desk - to the room itself, the entire experience was a big let down. We've come to expect a little more from Best Western Plus facilities -and great values. But not here. The front desk staff did not appear to be happy in general, and the room was something we might expect from a lower-end chain. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jackie_in_MO
Charlie509, General Manager at Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Hello Jackie_in_MO.

Thank you very much for staying with us we appreciate your business. I am sad that we were not able to meet your needs and would have loved the opportunity to discuss this with you and of course make it right. The following improvements were made this last year like new carpet, new tables and chairs in addition all of the rooms were painted. We added a lounge with a brand new deck looking up Tumwater canyon plus a revised restaurant menu with Gluten Free as well as Vegetarian dishes plus several other very nice improvements so I am not sure why we were not able to meet your needs? Please accept my apologies for my Front desk employees not greeting you with a smile and a hearty welcome I will discuss your concerns with them to make sure it will not happen again. I can assure you they are quite happy here we are like a family and we all work together as a team with a Customer “First” attitude in mind. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Happy Holidays!
Karl Ruether

Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is such a great place to stay with the kids. It is always clean, comfortable, and the staff go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. I especially appreciated the breakfast attendant's service. She smiled and chatted with us and made us feel very welcomed.

I really felt good about choosing this hotel over others in the area. The rates are very reasonable and rooms have everything you could need. Can't wait till we can get back there.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room, the views are beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our room rivaled any fancier mid-range hotel I've stayed in. All the details were top notch - loved the layout of the room. We could of easily spent a day just at the hotel - between the big TV and fireplace, comfy 'living' area (would have been great for reading), board games in the lobby, covered pool...I think they have even more than that. The room itself (the Bach Suite) felt more like someone's very luxurious en suite bedroom, not a hotel room, which made me want to stay. View of mountain is lovely, and you can see it from the tub (a very cool bonus) - but you do have to look out over the parking lot and street. Because of how the hotel is situated - not sure how many rooms have views that don't involve pavement. Highly recommended for the money - a short walk to town but just what we needed to walk off the wine. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bach Suite - highly recommended for a couple's winter getaway. Big tub, view o...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple