“Meticulously maintained”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langley
Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Meticulously maintained”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed at the Eagles Nest for four nights, the first in the Eagles Nest room and the last three in the Saratoga room. We liked the Saratoga better. The main positive of the Eagles Nest room was more windows and more light (the Saratoga is a little dark). However, the Saratoga is more spacious and elegant – overall, much more comfortable.

Jerry and Joanne and experienced, meticulous innkeepers. The inn and the grounds are spotless and extremely well maintained. The appointments inside are clearly selected with an eye to detail and integration. In particular, the amenities in the Saratoga are great. The mattress is first-class. All-cotton linens are a rare plus. It has a huge walk-in closet. The only criticism I have is the window treatments. Because the room doesn’t get much light (too many trees and not enough windows), the window treatments, when open, should completely uncover the window and the French doors to the balcony so more light can come in.

Joanne makes a delicious two-course breakfast each morning. Just like with everything else, she’s well organized and gives a lot of thought to her cooking. I would have preferred that she didn’t add salt to the main dish and let the guests add salt if they wish, but I confess I’m much more sensitive to sodium than the average guest.
Just outside the dining room, there is a rather elaborate bunch of feeders for birds and chipmunks. We saw some rabbits, too. We could see them from our room. It was a great deal of fun watching them all, and occasionally it reminded me of a Disney cartoon, and I expected them all to break out in song. We also saw a deer and her fawn, but they ate the vegetation, not from the feeders.

Overall, it’s a lovely place. Although I gave it a rating of 4, if I could, I’d give it a 4.5.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chappell Hill, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

This is one of the best B&B's we have visited. The home is warm, inviting, and in a beautiful location. Jerry and Joanne are great hosts and Joanne's breakfasts are delicious. We loved the view from our room and the bed rated a #10. The property is home to lots of birds and other little critters native to the area which provides lots of entertainment for nature lovers all day long. And Langley offers plenty of shopping for every taste. Be sure to dine at Primo Bistro while in Langley--we ate dinner there both nights!

Room Tip: Ask for the Saratoga room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Langley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

On our first stay at the Eagle’s Nest Inn we fell in love. Not with each other mind you (that was years ago) but with the beauty of this B&B. My husband and I enjoy staying at B&B’s because of the amount of local information gained through conversation with other guests and especially the owners. We were not disappointed at the Eagle’s Nest. Jerry and Joanne were delightful hosts. They shared information about their beloved island and we thoroughly enjoyed exploring their suggestions. Jerry was very helpful getting us around the island. Armed with maps (we got to keep) he showed us each point of interest and guided our uninformed minds to the right roads. The Inn is wonderful. Immaculately kept and beautifully decorated. The Inn’s outdoor surroundings are forest, quiet, critters, forest, critters, quiet. We have enjoyed staying at this Inn about four times and each time has been a pleasure. We have typically stayed in the Forest Room because we love the “twig” furniture and the bed is very comfortable. Joanne prepares delectable breakfasts that are beautifully presented. And I loved eating adjacent to the kitchen so while Joanne is preparing food she can still participate in conversation at the table. She does this with serenity…no hectic get-the-food-on-the-table atmosphere, no dishes piled everywhere….how does she do it!?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

The Inn is reached by a long driveway winding through the forest. At the top of the hill, its Northwest-style architecture blends seamlessly into the heavily-wooded hillside. Once inside, visitors are greeted warmly by the exceptionally friendly innkeepers, Jerry and Joanne. This was my second visit and they made me feel like a long-lost friend.

My very favorite place in the Eagle's Nest is the Saratoga Room. There's nothing like relaxing in a really comfy recliner near the gas fireplace in full view of the Pacific as it courses through the Saratoga Passage among the San Juan Islands. In whale-watching season it may even be possible to see them from inside the room using the binoculars thoughtfully provided for that purpose (and for bird-watching). In warm weather I spend as much time as I can on the balcony soaking up the view and spotting rabbits darting among the gardens below. The room's walk-in closet, oversized soaking tub, mini-fridge, plush bed, and flat screen/DVD player complete the comfortable setup.

Just outside the Saratoga room is the guest lounge, which features a sofa, window seat, DVD/VHS video library and TV/video players. It has a collection of games and a table for four perfect for playing them on, overlooking the grand piano in the main living room below. A kitchenette includes a microwave, refrigerator, sink, tea makings, and freshly-made chocolate chip cookies. The Inn even has wi-fi for those unable to unplug from the outside world.

Breakfast is scrumptious, with specialties such as stuffed french toast or eggs and asparagus baked in a ramekin. It's also a time when Jerry and Joanne make sure that you know everything you need to know in order to have a fun day exploring Whidbey Island.

The Eagle's Nest has become one of my very favorite getaways. The Inn's marvelous ocean views and quiet forest scenes, along with comfortable furnishings and yummy cookies, provide a soothing respite from ordinary life.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

Like the prior reviewer, my review is way overdue. We have stayed at the Eagles Nest many times and have loved it every time. We have stayed in three of the four rooms (the Garden Room is the only one we have not stayed in). Our very favorite room is the Eagles Nest... the private deck with rocking chairs, the windows all around the room, all of the natural lighting, very clean, very romantic, very quiet, very peaceful, beautiful view of Saratoga Passage, beautiful forest setting, and more.

We also love the game room on the second level of the house, which is available to all of the guests, with the window seat overlooking the very well -maintained front yard area. It is so fun to look out at the bunnies, birds, squirrels, etc. Delicious homemade cookies and teas are available at all times.

The breakfasts are delicious, and Jerry and Joann are very friendly, helpful and warm. It is always fun getting to know other guests at the family-style breakfast table. Joann does a great job with the decor on her deck just outside of the dining room/living room areas. She has very cute wood-carving bears, pretty potted plants, and lots of bird feeders. Jerry and Joann are very informative and helpful about all of the island activities.

Last June my husband treated me to a two-night stay to celebrate my 50th birthday. Jerry and Joann made my birthday celebration extra-special and even presented me with a small stuffed eagle toy when we were getting ready to leave.

In response to some of the negative comments about having to take shoes off upon entering the front door, I have NO problem with this! This is no different from what I expect in my own home. This helps with maintaining cleaner carpets, and I think it is very comfy walking around in sock feet.

I love everything about the Eagles Nest: the beautifully landscaped and maintained yard area, the various animals, the quiet solitude, the views, the clean, cozy and well-decorated rooms, the delicious breakfasts, the kind and very hospitable hosts. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B to everyone!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pianolover78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
14.9 km away
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland
2.7 km away
Country Cottage of Langley

Been to Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!