“Perfect Northwest Scenic Hideaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langley
Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2011

The Inn is reached by a long driveway winding through the forest. At the top of the hill, its Northwest-style architecture blends seamlessly into the heavily-wooded hillside. Once inside, visitors are greeted warmly by the exceptionally friendly innkeepers, Jerry and Joanne. This was my second visit and they made me feel like a long-lost friend.

My very favorite place in the Eagle's Nest is the Saratoga Room. There's nothing like relaxing in a really comfy recliner near the gas fireplace in full view of the Pacific as it courses through the Saratoga Passage among the San Juan Islands. In whale-watching season it may even be possible to see them from inside the room using the binoculars thoughtfully provided for that purpose (and for bird-watching). In warm weather I spend as much time as I can on the balcony soaking up the view and spotting rabbits darting among the gardens below. The room's walk-in closet, oversized soaking tub, mini-fridge, plush bed, and flat screen/DVD player complete the comfortable setup.

Just outside the Saratoga room is the guest lounge, which features a sofa, window seat, DVD/VHS video library and TV/video players. It has a collection of games and a table for four perfect for playing them on, overlooking the grand piano in the main living room below. A kitchenette includes a microwave, refrigerator, sink, tea makings, and freshly-made chocolate chip cookies. The Inn even has wi-fi for those unable to unplug from the outside world.

Breakfast is scrumptious, with specialties such as stuffed french toast or eggs and asparagus baked in a ramekin. It's also a time when Jerry and Joanne make sure that you know everything you need to know in order to have a fun day exploring Whidbey Island.

The Eagle's Nest has become one of my very favorite getaways. The Inn's marvelous ocean views and quiet forest scenes, along with comfortable furnishings and yummy cookies, provide a soothing respite from ordinary life.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH

Reviewed 17 March 2011

Like the prior reviewer, my review is way overdue. We have stayed at the Eagles Nest many times and have loved it every time. We have stayed in three of the four rooms (the Garden Room is the only one we have not stayed in). Our very favorite room is the Eagles Nest... the private deck with rocking chairs, the windows all around the room, all of the natural lighting, very clean, very romantic, very quiet, very peaceful, beautiful view of Saratoga Passage, beautiful forest setting, and more.

We also love the game room on the second level of the house, which is available to all of the guests, with the window seat overlooking the very well -maintained front yard area. It is so fun to look out at the bunnies, birds, squirrels, etc. Delicious homemade cookies and teas are available at all times.

The breakfasts are delicious, and Jerry and Joann are very friendly, helpful and warm. It is always fun getting to know other guests at the family-style breakfast table. Joann does a great job with the decor on her deck just outside of the dining room/living room areas. She has very cute wood-carving bears, pretty potted plants, and lots of bird feeders. Jerry and Joann are very informative and helpful about all of the island activities.

Last June my husband treated me to a two-night stay to celebrate my 50th birthday. Jerry and Joann made my birthday celebration extra-special and even presented me with a small stuffed eagle toy when we were getting ready to leave.

In response to some of the negative comments about having to take shoes off upon entering the front door, I have NO problem with this! This is no different from what I expect in my own home. This helps with maintaining cleaner carpets, and I think it is very comfy walking around in sock feet.

I love everything about the Eagles Nest: the beautifully landscaped and maintained yard area, the various animals, the quiet solitude, the views, the clean, cozy and well-decorated rooms, the delicious breakfasts, the kind and very hospitable hosts. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pianolover78
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This review took me waaay too long to write...but I couldn't let it leave my mind until I wrote.

My wife and I stayed here for our first anniversary on August 27-29, 2010, and it was incredible. I've got to say, after reading all the previous reviews, this hospitable couple has taken a lot of flak from some really ungrateful people. Not to name all the criticisms, but it takes a really selfish person to say some of the things that have been said. I'd love to say more, but I'd rather spend time praising Jerry and Joanne.

Jerry and Joanne are a really fantastic couple, and they have an immense knowledge of Whidbey Island. The food was fantastic, and as long as you tell them ahead of time, they will modify it if you have allergies or really have a problem with something. The cookies - amazing. If you go to Whidbey and don't really know what to do, J&J will tell you anything you want to know, but I would go with a plan but with an openness to be flexible - there is a lot to see on the island.

Eagles Nest Inn was exactly what we were looking for - it was nestled up on a hill off the road that overlooks the passage. The views were fantastic, and I highly recommend the Saratoga room. The bathrooms are immaculate, clean, and very romantic as well, with wood slotted French doors that open to the bathroom (if I remember correctly), and more french doors that open up to a deck that overlooks the passage. The room also had a fireplace and a king bed, and was decorated perfectly, really I don't know where they got some of the decorations, but I wish there was a room in my house that looked like that one!

Couple other things - we saw several deer, bunnies, and other creatures on their land/grass, and TONS of wild birds, as they have many well placed feeders for viewing the birds. We ate at Primo Bistro for dinner one night, and the pizza place across the street the other night (both in Langley). I highly recommend both - especially eating out on the deck of Primo Bistro in the summer.

Bottom line - this is your destination if you're looking for an excellent, classy, new/modern but also rustic (new but wooded/romantic/quaint feel, if that makes sense) Bed and Breakfast. Jerry is very friendly and outgoing on the contrary to other negative absurd reviews written, and Joanne is very friendly and knowledgable as well. I am honored to have stayed in this B&B, and we will DEFINITELY be back.

- J&M

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MntnDewMan
Reviewed 8 March 2011

What a wonderful experience to stay at the Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast. This is top-drawer all the way! In addition, Joanne is a marvelous cook and her gourmet breakfasts are straight out of cordon bleu! If you want a real treat, spend a few days here and enjoy the marvelous tranquility of Whidbey Island, WA. You will never forget the experience.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I've stayed twice now at the Eagles Nest, and highly recommend it. Both times I've been there while on a business trip, and found the B&B to be exceptional in every way: rooms, comfort, wireless access, close to Langley, and incredible breakfasts. The owners, JoAnne and Jerry, are born to hospitality. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
29 km away
7.8 km away
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!