“Good Sushi”

Koibito Japanese Restuarant of Lacey
Ranked #42 of 161 Restaurants in Lacey
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Brought my daughter here for birthday and all the sushi ordered tastes so good. The manager even made the bday celebrant a "sushi birthday " surprise where the candles were standing on the wasabi. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

My girlfriend and I frequent this restaurant about every other month. We keep coming back because we know that we'll be served great food along with wonderful service. The combo dinner of Miso Soup, Chicken Teriyaki and a sushi roll of your choice is always a hit with us! I pay an extra dollar to substitute the chicken with chicken breast and another dollar to substitute the white rice with brown rice and I'm always accommodated. The average bill for both of us which consists of two entrees and soft drinks with tip is about $40. Great value for the food and service.The chef's prepare the best sushi in town and I've never had a complaint about this venue.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Compared to the standard Japanese restaurant or sushi bar this is better. And you pay a little more for the pleasure. But it is worth it to myself.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

This is by far one of our favorite places in the area. We come in on a regular basis and are never disappointed. The sushi is fantastic, both cooked and raw. The bento boxes are tasty. The staff is always very friendly and our kids absolutely love them. Prices are great and they even run an all you can eat special Monday- Thursday. If you can put away at least 3 rolls the special is an awesome deal, my husband loves it. We brought friends who visited from out of state and the next time they came they specifically asked to go back to Koibito!

1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 22 December 2014

Having moved to Lacey just recently we were a little hard pressed finding restaurants that served tofu locally without having to go to Olympia. The Tofu Hut on Pacific is good, but a bit expensive for the portion size. Ran across Koibito just by chance and very glad we did. Koibito is located just outside the Fred Meyer area in a little strip that has a driving school, game store and cupcake shop. They appear to be family run and we always are greeting with the same nice staff up front. The sushi chef took our order once and it was nice to see they all pitch in to help each other.

For vegetarians they serve a multitude of options for tofu (Almond, Sesame, Kung Pao, General Tso, Sweet and Sour, Teriyaki). Mostly are deep fried, but they may do pan fried if you ask. I was told the sauce is vegetarian, which is hard to find around here as most of the Thai restaurants in Lacey cannot guarantee no fish sauce in their tofu entrees. Dinner comes with miso soup, a large portion and rice. We have always taken it to go (no miso included), but the portion size has always been a value for the price.

We don't eat the sushi, but when it comes out to the tables it looks beautiful. Very nicely put together and great presentation, can't comment on the taste though.

I'd give this place a shot and see if it fits your needs. We are glad to have found it.