All reviews cookies frittata yogurt owners and staff jetted tub deluxe king suite new owners private balcony breakfast was delicious next morning bed and breakfast gas fireplace both mornings two courses potatoes back porch tulip festival
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in 2011 and it was wonderful, on our top-10 B&B list up to that point. It has changed owners more than once since 2011, and this visit we didn’t find it as special. It is still comfortable and pretty — no big complaints. But it seemed kind of unloved. Not neglected, just not as intimate and personal.

The pluses: Lydia at the desk, who checked us in. She has a great personality, bubbly and up-beat and intelligent, and helped set a welcoming tone. Also the room was very clean, the bed comfy and with luxurious linens, everything well maintained. The bath and body products offered (Greenwich Bay and Beekman) were really nice. The curtains and shades worked well for the room.

Negatives: breakfast was just one step up from a chain-hotel breakfast. Not good, and terrible weak coffee. The shower had low pressure, and that fluctuated in both temp and pressure when other people were using the plumbing. There was a sumptuous-looking jacuzzi tub in our room, but when I went to use it, I changed my mind, because it really was too big, as big as a small hot tub; it would have taken forever to fill, and it felt like a waste of water for just one bath. There is almost nowhere to set your bags or unpack your things. Also, while a DVD lending library in the lobby is a nice touch, they need to stock it with slightly newer titles and, especially, provide better TVs — ours was a cheap Vizio 20” diagonal on a wall too far to see well and with terrible muffled sound.

However, like I say, rooms are clean, well-maintained, and nicely decorated. The location is on a fairly quiet side street right in La Conner, so near some good restaurants and the waterfront.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeftCoastGirl
gregory m, Owner at The Wild Iris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

The Wild Iris Inn is loved. This shows in the amount of work and care that has gone into a complete renovation of the building including beds, furnishing, carpets, tiles, bath furniture and fixtures, the bath and luxury bedding products you mentioned and more.
We are fortunate to have amazing people work at the inn including the lovely Lydia and the wonderful manager Sherry.
I do take some challenge when you mention that the things that concerned you are all things that have been in place at the inn for all owners. The plumbing has always been the same. New water smart shower heads that can be adjusted to a stronger flow. The jacuzzi tubs are some of the best ever sold and have not been changed. The tubs are a feature of the inn that makes it what it is and why many guest return again and again. There's a wide selection of DVD and we continue to update the selection. They are on the honor system and we lend them freely and hope that guest only take one to their rooms at a time. Perhaps some of the selection took when you had a chance to look. Also, many people are choosing to watch NetFlix, Amazon Prime etc and DVD's are becoming a little less popular than in the past. The TV's are the same ones that would have been here on your last visit. They are 36-inch screens, not 20 inches. They are and have always been mounted above the fireplaces in-front of the beds we did not change this. Similarly, your comment on the places to set your luggage has also not changed through the ownership. We really stayed with the same quantity of furnishing in the rooms as in the past.
Lastly your comments on breakfast. I'm not sure what hotel chain you've stayed at where you receive table service and a hot cooked meal served to you at your intimate table for two. Please share - I'm sure the traveling public would like to know. The Wild Iris Inn is not really a bed and breakfast. The inn has 18 rooms it is busier than any years in the past and this means that there are usually 36 people for breakfast. If you've stayed in the past when the inn was just not busy you may have enjoyed your quiet setting a little more. I would recommend traveling in a quieter season so you can ensure the type of setting you're more accustomed to. Midweek can be a little quieter and from November to mid-March. Ther are two small Bed and Breafkasts in La Conner. Katy's and Pleasant Ridge. They each have 2 or 3 guest rooms so max of 4 to 6 people staying in a personal home.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Regrettably, we were only in La Conner one day, so it was an overnight stay- which felt like a waste of excellent hospitality.
But Sherry was great with our flexible late check in, had it all ready for me at the desk and then happened to be there anyway when we were there.
The bedding and room were very comfortable, they worked with my need for decaf iced coffee (you'd be surprised how hard that is to get in places that have both coffee/ice. The food is excellent and we'd stay again longer on the next trip to La Conner.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wound up a vacation here before heading home. This inn was a delight, from the absolutely scrumptious welcome cookie to the delicious breakfast the next morning. A fruit selection, sweet breakfast breads, and blueberry pancakes were on the menu, served with homemade raspberry jam. All were tasty. The room was decorated very nicely and the furnishings were comfortable. I would certainly stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Love this place! I had never stayed at a location where kids under a specific age were not welcome and the kids who did come had to be well behaved. The location was right off the main street and perfect for leaving your car behind and enjoy the beautiful town of La Conner. Cute garden area or porch to sit and relax. They even had a couple of bicycles for you to use!

Breakfast was available every morning. A main breakfast dish was available in addition to muffins, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and juice or coffee.

The only thing I didn't like was the room was cramped and I kept running into the foot board bruising my leg.

Room tip: Cramped room with the king size bed and I kept running into the foot board. A/C was a window cooler.
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stayed two nights during the glorious July weather. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was quiet, nicely air conditioned, clean and comfortable. Extremely good value for money. I would highly recommend the Wind Iris Inn.