New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Bergen, Norway
“An excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed two weeks at the Heatman during a business trip to Kirkland, and have only good things to say about this hotel. The staff is professional, helpful and super friendly. The rooms are spacious, clean and tidy. I slept in a King Bed, which was great - the mattress' firmness was just perfect. Hotel TVs are often painfully small, but the flat screen HDTV provided in my room had just the perfect size, with loads of channels to choose between.

My room was equipped with a French coffee press and freshly ground coffee, allowing me a cup of home brew in the evenings. About 6 PM every day, a maid came by and offered a bag of ice (for wine cooling) and a piece of chocolate. Sweet touch!

Breakfast was not included in my rate, but could be purchased in the hotel's own award winning restaurant Trellis. Ranging from $7 to $15, there should be something to satisfy everyone's taste. I especially enjoyed the different omelettes, as well as the Kirkland Breakfast and the Savory Breakfast Croissant. And do definitely try a croissant - they come with a delicious strawberry jam.

Dinners at Trellis is a story of is own. I bet this restaurant is one of the best in the Seattle area, with fresh ingredients being provided from Executive Chef Brian Scheehser's own farm. Prime New York Strip steak and Sustainably Raised Salmon are two of my favorites on the menu. Every Sunday and Monday, Trellis have a Dine for 29-offer, enabling diners to pick three courses from a special menu for the price of $29. As a bonus, Trellis provides 50% off wine bottles as part of the Dine for 29 offer.

Bottom line: My experience with the Heatman hotell was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to this area. I hope to return sometime in the future. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank KetilMo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Yakima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We have stayed at the Heathman-Kirkland many times and have yet to have anything but a great experience. We have stayed at less expensive hotels in the Kirkland area, but nothing matches the convenience & quality of the Heathman. You are close to virtually everything that Kirkland has to offer visitors. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms north side are slightly quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mike M
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have stayed at The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland twice now, both extended stays. I have traveled for years and the service, staff, the Trellis Restaurant and spa are wonderful. No need for me to try new hotels, I am positively sold on the Heathman. They show that they care about you in everything they do, and everything that they provide for you. They work so hard to be the best that it comes naturally for them. I never take the time to write reviews - they deserve the report on how the guests feel about their good work. Note:They provide a private driver and delux vehicle to take you to and from your appointments, courtesy of the hotel. Go and enjoy, you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: The suites and the rooms are wonderful. The staff will guide you to a variety of choices to meet you...
Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Sherry C
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at the Heathman for approximately seven weeks. My condo flooded and myself and my two adorable chihuahuas were displaced. Luckily for us we ended up at the Heathman. The front desk upgraded us to a private corner suite on the second floor and manged to get it approved by my insurance. The room was amazing, two balconies, awesome views, two separate areas (important for kenneling dogs) and the shower was top of the line. I do have to admit I copied some of the bathroom design choices in my remodel.

This hotel has a lot to offer but i have to admit that the customer service is out of this world. I was less than charismatic when I arrived, but everyone on staff was so friendly and helpful I snapped out of my funk almost immediately. Our favorite treat was Ed, the best doorman in the world. He really went out of his way to make us feel special. He is a true animal lover and my dogs calmed down and adjusted due to his attention and kind words, not mention treats! This hotel caters to dogs as well as owners. No additional fee and your furry buddy gets their choice of pet beds. They also provide food/water dishes and daily baked treats. Can you say WOW!

I did have to work while I was here and I found the business accommodations to be top of the line. The wireless connectivity was fast although I could have used a bigger desk. I think you give that up in a suite. Valet always had my car ready in a timely manner when I did have to head into the office.

I also had to eat while I was here. =) I took full advantage of Trellis since the food is top notch. I may be a contender for the largest room service bill. Since it can be pricey, try the daily happy hour from 4-6. Food is 50% off and they even serve you in the lobby. I enjoyed the wine list as well. Another surprise was the fabulous breakfast at Trellis and it competitively priced with all the other local spots. I will be back for brunch and my Greek Omelet.

Since I felt I deserved it and you receive 20% off, I had a few spa services while I was there. Julie gave me the best manicure I had in my life. The Pantera Facial offers lost of extras and was very relaxing. However, I love my new eyelash extensions and I will be back for my fills!

As you can tell, I took advantage of my time away from home. The hotel has an amazing walk score and they offer town car rides complimentary. This hotel really is a great value and you can't beat the customer service. Take some advice from a local.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Sarah G
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is just a wonderful hotel, my absolute favorite when visiting the greater Bellevue-Kirkland-Redmond area outside fo Seattle. Small, elegant but still warm and friendly, great staff who are so happy to help you, delicious food at The Trellis Resturant and also for room service. The room is lovely and comfortable and also, like the rest of the hotel, understated and perfectly charming, rather than over-the-top. I had a rental car but found myself using their wonderful complimentary car service which is such a nice service. I didn't have time to use their spa because my business schedule was so packed but will save that for a treat next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Ellyn F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#6 of 102 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,895 reviews

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!