“Hello Nostalgia”

Game Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Ranked #148 of 286 Restaurants in Kirkland
Reviewed 30 April 2017

If I could give it 3.5 stars I would. I met some friends here on a Wednesday night which was the first time I'd ever stepped foot in The Game. At first glance it's definitely a neighborhood bar & grill. Not a dive bar, and not a fancy bar like downtown Kirkland or Bellevue. I even saw several families in there eating dinner with their young kids, which surprised me at first. But hey, it's a neighborhood bar & grill with a full dinner menu.

I split a hamburger with a friend and we chose the fries. The 1/2 lb burger was ok. Not memorable, but it satisfied. The fries...AMAZING. I would come back here for the fries alone. I'd rate this place 5 stars if I were just rating the fries!

Our table also ordered a 1/2 order of Nachos which is actually HUGE. I can't imagine what a full order is like, it must be served on a pizza pan.

Service was very good. I wish we had water refills faster, but food, beer, and everything else was top notch and friendly.

One thing that tugged at my heartstrings was the fact that they actually printed out the sports section of the local newspaper and pinned it above the men's urinals. Maybe I'm becoming an old soul. Or maybe it was the effect of a good beer after a long day, but it produced a wave of nostalgia about how things used to be. When life was just a tad bit slower and we placed more value on the "offline".

So it's still a 3.5 star neighborhood bar & grill, but it just might be the best neighborhood bar & grill in Kirkland.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My husband and I go here for breakfast on Saturday mornings. The food is great and the service is fast. They are known for their Bloody Mary's!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

My favorite weekend breakfast place hit another home run. Went in for Saturday breakfast had their egg benedict. It was prepared perfectly.. With Great real hash browns.. Yummy.
Another local place you can never go wrong if you're looking for fabulous diner food.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This is a local establishment that has been here for years. The service is good, the drinks are mixed and poured correctly. The bartender is a great guy and works hard for his customers. All the local staff are very nice and enjoyable to tale to. The food was a very pleasant surprise to the taste buds. Stop here - you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I met another couple on Friday night.. The place was very busy, service was great! Very friendly. We had the blue plate special, chicken pot pie. It was fantastic! Our friends had the prime rib dip. They said it was by far the best in the area, and that's what they like to eat when they go out, so ill trust they're judgement. Overall another great meal and this Juanita standard.