“Top notch!”
Review of Cafe Juanita

Cafe Juanita
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Juanita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 289 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: USD 41 - USD 80
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Totally understand why this place earns the James B award regularly.
All dishes (13 items amongst 5 of us) were prepared with utmost care, service was impeccable....
Good wine selection, rabbit, lamb, octopus, duck... all perfect!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I love, love, love, Cafe Juanita! Its always been a cozy place, but it's even cozier now after the remodel. Great food, wonderful chef, we'll always return.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Kirkland is not one of the locations where I expected to find a gem like Cafe Juanita. In fact, the restaurant name doesn't necessarily provide a vision of a great restaurant. But it is!

Cafe Juanita is situated in a cute little house in the midst of a nicely wooded area. The interior is modern. The food is amazing. The service even surpassed the food (at least our waiter Amish made it that way).

The plates are not too large so you can truly enjoy a few courses. Each course that we had seemed to be better than the previous one. My wife loved the raviolo. I could not get over the flavor of the risotto.

You could tell that several of the tables were celebrating special occasions. Cafe Juanita is perfect for that but I would recommend it for anyone that wants a great meal while in the Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond area

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I often go to Cafe Juanita for birthdays or anniversaries. We've started an end of summer family dinner tradition with our 11 and 15 year old kids. It speaks to the quality of the restaurant and servers that they gracefully accommodate intimate dinners for two, just as well as families. Can't recall ever having a bad meal or dish.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I took my wife here to celebrate a special occasion. Simply put - we were both very impressed with our dinner experience.

Not knowing the Seattle dining scene very well I came upon this restaurant in one of the local magazine write ups. Seeing such great reviews I booked this spot on OpenTable about two weeks in advance. I deliberately booked a reservation at opening in hopes I could find free parking and I was lucky, I found a spot a block away. Once we entered the very first thing the hostess did was call me by name - that’s a sign of a really prepared service staff. We were immediately sat and the first thing I noticed is that every table is next to a viewing window which makes for a nice view and great for Instagramming.

My wife asked what cocktails were available and the server simply asked a few key questions and they created a custom drink which was fresh and sweet. We decided not to get the tasting menu because there was one or two dishes we didn’t really want. We instead ordered two antipasti, two pastas and one meat and without any prompting the server had our menu turned into our own tasting menu with all our dishes pre-split. We had:
- Complimentary bread assortment - very good variety and quality. You know how dedicated a restaurant is when they make complimentary bread this good
- Yellowtail Crudo - excellent. My favourite dish of the night. Perfect blend of fresh fish, creamy avocado, nuts and acid.
- Octopus - Good. I don’t remember if i’ve ever had cooked octopus but I figured it would be like squid. It was cooked nice and tender. Not sure I would enjoy eating it again, but I’m glad I tried it.
- Soprese with Spot Prawns - excellent. Spot prawns are really delicate to prepare and they executed it perfectly. Really liked the combination of cooked and raw basil
- Risotto Nero - intense. A great dish which can be really filling. I can’t imagine anyone ordering a full plate and eat it in their own.
- Muscovy Duck - very good. A more standard fine dining dish. Duck was cooked perfectly.
- Kahlua infused chocolate cake - good. Although not described as a tiramisu, it very much tasted like one delivered in a new way
- Complimentary Grand Marnier truffles - very good way to end the evening.

As noted all through my review, the entire service team was fantastic. One of the most accommodating servers I’ve had in a long time.

Overall, an incredible dinner. It’s rare meals like this one that remind me which places actually deserve a 5 star rating. Fully recommend for special occasions.