“Freshest Oysters with fresh grated horseradish!”

Le Grand Bistro Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Grand Bistro Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 292 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: USD 30 - USD 60
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Washington Blvd
Description: Welcome to Le Grand Bistro Americain! Visit our website to see our full menu! We have a standing menu including a broad selection of appetizers, charcuterie, soups and salads, a full raw bar menu featuring the best local shellfish on the half shell, and a wide selection of entrees starting at $12. Steaks are done in both French and American styles, and an interesting and extensive list of side dishes is offered. Le Grand is situated on Lake Washington, and offers stunning views with two seasonal patios overlooking the lake.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I sat at the bar and had a 2 dozen oysters. They oyster presentation is delicious and the bartender is very knowledgeable about the oysters. They shave fresh horseradish for you and provide all of the dressings including cocktail sauce, tabasco, vinegar finishing and fresh horseradish!

I come here on a business trip every year and this is my favorite place to have oysters and beer. The view is amazing and the bartender, Josh, is cool.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We came here on a Saturday night for dessert and coffee. The creme brulee was yummy, although the caramel crust on the top was a tad thick.

The coffee drink was perfectly prepared with a heated sugar rim!

Service was great all around.

We'll be sure to be back to try their dinner menu.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have been to Le Grand Bistro multiple times and I always have a perfect meal! I visited with my best friend from out of town this time. We were treated to 5 star service by Walter, (truly all the staff was marvelous) who even split and plated our special rack of lamb dinner (order this if you can, it’s amazing!). He also recommended the dessert special, the pear tart. It was so good it melted in our mouths! I also recommend the sticky pudding for dessert, it’s a unique and very satisfying treat. I would call it their signature dessert. Honestly though, you cannot go wrong at Le Grand, order anything!

Their wine list is also superb. Every wine I’ve had has been outstanding, and I love that you can choose the size of your pour.

Finally, the atmosphere at Le Grand is unbeatable in my opinion. It’s warm and elegant, yet unassuming. The view is spectacular, especially if you can time your dinner for sunset. Overall, this is my favorite restaurant in the area, it doesn’t get any better than Le Grand Bistro Americain.

P.s. For a special treat, don’t miss brunch!

Ted F, Owner at Le Grand Bistro Americain, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

thanks so much Sofia, for the lovely review! We're devoted to our guests and will continue to strive to provide the 'perfect meal'!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I eat here several times a year, and it's all ways a pleasure, particularly during the summer when outside seating is available.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Our group met for lunch.It was a beautiful summer day and dining at an outside table could not have been better. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.