“Great selection”

Punjab Sweets
Ranked #58 of 362 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 April 2017

If you are a newbie to Indian sweets please visit. The owner is extremely helpful at explaining and suggesting various goodies.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 18 October 2016

overall a good Punjabi veg place with home like food. a tad expensive however tasty. the service is also relatively slow.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

It's one of the slowest service I have seen. Ever. To a point where kids after 45 mins of wait said let's cancel and go.

A 'to go' order for 3 items was not fulfilled even after I came 30 mins after calling. I was asked to wait another 20 mins. If you order food in store, you better get your order correct at the first instance, anything u order after is another 30 mins wait.

They are definitely understaffed. Customers have to even rearrange the tables yourself if you are more than 4.
Won't visit again. It's a shame as the food quality was really fantastic. No better way to lose customers.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Coming from the bayarea we were looking for an Indian sweet store to buy some sweets for relatives. We came across this place on googlemaps. The prices were amazing and the quality was suprisingly good. While the selection was not that expansive it was great.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 7 August 2015

The food here tastes like home made Indian food. It's all vegetarian which works great for my husband who is a strict vegetarian.

I love the pani puri (a fried hollow ball that you crack and fill with sauce and stuffing), the mooli paratha (radish stuffed pancake) and many of the curry dishes (malai kofta, kadi, etc). The sweets are the best here. I haven't been to a better place for Indian sweets in Washington. I like the jalabi (fried sugary pretzel looking thing), ladoo (a fluffy fried round ball), carrot halvar (sweet made of shredded carrot), and the burfis.

Recently I turned vegetarian and I'm super picky with my food, so my restaurant choices are very limited. This is the one restaurant I love to come back to again and again.

I have seen others complain about the slow service. I have experienced that in the past, but recently it seems to be getting better. If you run into a big crowd of people then it can still be slow, but for me there is no substitute for the food. Best vegetarian Indian food in Washington.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank TraceyY999

Been to Punjab Sweets? Share your experiences!