See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Friendly welcome, large rooms and clean. I found the self catering good for me, shops are100meters away, if you don't wish to self cater, great American food can be obtained from the flotation device bar next door to the west wynd motel

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Westwyndmotel P, Front Office Manager at Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you Keith for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

There was an over-powering smell of some kind of cleaner that gave us all headaches. The shower was dirty with mold and hair in the trap. The lights in the bedroom didn't work. The bedding was dirty with large spots. And the neighbors were outside on the 2nd floor drinking and throwing their beer cans around. Wifi was intermittent. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank randelee
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Worst place I have ever seen. It looks as though it was an apartment building turned into a motel...stale, stinky room and dingy dirty sheets....that was all it took to find another place to stay...they did refund all our money but would still never go back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jbonebrake
Westwyndmotel P, Manager at Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Hi,
Sorry to hear you did not like our motel. Yes some of the rooms use to be apartments that is why we have 1 and 2 bedroom kitchen suites available for people that are traveling as a family or friends that want their own space. Also our rooms are about 100.00 a night cheaper then the other motels in Gig Harbor. I am glad to hear that the front desk refunded you all of your money. A lot of places would not do that with out a 24 hour notice. We hope that maybe you will come back and give us a second chance.
Sincerely the Management

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We were looking for a place in the area that would allow us to have our pups with us. Reviews on here for this place are a little misleading. When we spoke with the desk clerk to make reservations, I asked a number of questions. They assured us "we may be a bit older but we are extremely clean, family motel"
Extremely clean? Not. The sheets looked clean, as did the towels, but the unit we stayed in needed a very deep clean. We could smell the room on our clothes and dogs as we went home from our journey. I'll say again, the desk clerk when I called painted the place quite different. Our telephone receiver had something in the earpiece that made me immediately hang it back up and go wash my hands. It was gross. AC helps for the front room but if you use the backrooms in summer, you will sweat. We decided to just use the singles in front to stay cool. I had to put towels down all over because the nails on the rug are all popped up so if your barefoot, it hurts. One got me good so we broke our our emergency travel kit and disinfected and bandaged it right up. Told the front desk (owner) but didn't get the impression it was a concern. And you hear every single thing. We had a permanent guest below us whose dog would yip constantly and then her young daughter and her friends would have a great time while mom was working. If your going to make one section a motel and the other apartments, move them to apartments. Traveling guests want to sleep.
Family motel? Inside your room, yes, but not outside. Some of the folks staying in the apartments are creepy. We watched one guy come over to the playground smoke a ciggy and stare at the girls playing there. They looked to be 10, 11, maybe 12 years old. I started making my way his direction and he got up and left. They have smoking sections in the halls by the stairs. Coming or going, there is no way to avoid walking right thru it. You have a whole big grass area nearby. Move smoking out there. Would I stay here again? No. Would I recommend? No. Could I change my mind? Yes, if they did a truly deep clean. Repair and clean the rugs. Clean the walls or just paint them. There are things on the walls, well, I don't know what it was. Clean your bathrooms. Not sure if that was mold in the bathtub but it was all over. You'd be a great place for travelers if you just put money in to it and cleaned the place. Last thing, fix your free wifi. Fastest we ever got on speed tests was 1.3. Too slow. Problem is your running too much off that router. When I ran a test to see how many lines you had running, there were 5 motel channels. Reduce it to one or two and guests would get really good speed.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed there for 9 nights. Good location, friendly and helpful staff and nice, big rooms. Appliances dated, but completely functional. Safe

We travel with our bulldog, and for the price, you won't find many, if any, more places welcoming to pets. If Ace could talk, he would give his complete approval.

If you are looking for luxury, this may not be your preferred choice. But if you are looking for cost efficient lodging in a beautiful area, you can't go wrong with the Westwynd.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim T
Westwyndmotel P, Manager at Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

We enjoyed your wife and you and your bull dog. We look forward to see you again some day.
Shawnna