USD 151
ClarionHotels
USD 126
USD 123
EconoLodge
All reviewstaco bellnew managementiron ironing boardindoor poolcookiesclean comfortable roomssausagelooked cleancoffee makerrestaurant optionshot breakfastfree breakfastjacuzzi tubgood sizefront desk staffwould stay againbusiness center
Reviewed 25 September 2017

First off - it's hard to find the driveways to the hotel. It's set way back from the street & not easily visible when driving.
-- I first came going west on S 348th St. Right after the retaining wall there's a driveway JUST BEFORE the hotel's very low profile sign obscured by a tree. Don't take that driveway...it just circles around a tree. ;-) RIGHT AFTER the very low profile sign, TURN into the driveway just before Taco Bell, then right, then left.
-- Then I approached it going south on WA-99. The northbound right lane was blocked off w/ cones for utility construction, which just about made it impossible to see the driveway, especially at night. Best landmarks going south on WA-99: you'll pass the Secoma bowling lanes on the left, then turn left between Banner Bank & O'Reilly Auto Parts.
TIPS to finding the driveways: scope it out first on Google Maps’ Browse Street View. You might not notice QI&S’ green sign, especially at night. It's easier to look for the red O'Reilly Auto Parts sign that sits on top of the QI&S sign.

Parking: the lot seemed small for the size of hotel, but I was always able to find a spot w/in a decent distance. (I stayed 4 nights.)

Check In went smoothly & quickly. NOTE: The ONLY entrance is through the front lobby. You can’t use your key card to get into the doors at the ends of the building.

Hotel Amenities: Coffee in the lobby 24x7, small workout room, indoor pool looked clean & inviting, business “center” is a small room w/ one computer (computer works).

I was a little worried staying here, as I’d stayed in a QI&S in Reno last year that was pretty bad. Everything in this one was clean & worked. My one King room was large; it seems like it could’ve fit two doubles. Bathroom was clean, everything worked (e.g. no running toilets). The heater/A.C. worked perfectly. It quietly kept a constant room temperature.

Breakfast: It only seems as big as a converted hotel room - five tables of four, so seating for 20. I only ate there the first morning, and the hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy! Breads for toasting, two waffle makers, cereals, two juices, coffee. (see pictures)

NOISE – QUIET! Because the hotel is set back so far from streets, traffic noise is not a problem. When people were talking in the hallways, it was pretty loud, so I was afraid the walls were thin & I’d hear a lot of noise from my neighbors. But I was surprised – the hallway noise is the ONLY noise I heard. Didn’t hear anything from either room next to me, even through the adjoining door. The tub’s water pressure was so strong it was thundering loud. They could put low-flow shower heads on & there’d still be plenty of water pressure. Some hotels, you can hear the neighbor’s plumbing. But I was only once vaguely aware of a neighbor’s running water. It was one of the quietest hotel stays I’ve had – no freeway noise, no neighbor noise (talking or plumbing), nothing wrong in the room making noise (like an A.C./heater that wakes you up every time it kicks on), etc. (I was on the 3rd floor and don't know how full the hotel was) and no noise from the maids in the morning, but…

That might be because – there’s very little maid service? There are signs saying they’ll only change linens once every three days. But I thought they’d still make the bed, empty the garbage & vacuum. The first day I came back – I’d accidentally left my “Do Not Disturb” sign on outside. But the next two days – still no maid service. I spent Monday – Thursday nights there – not a single maid visit. So not sure how they count the “every 3rd day”. I didn’t really need maid service, but the room had only one tiny garbage pail. I had to get more coffee maker packets from the lobby.

Misc. notes: the sink is outside the bathroom, so if one person gets up way earlier than the other & turns on the light, it could disturb the person still in bed. (see picture) This hotel has adjoining rooms. Included in room: one cup coffee maker, dishwasher (? but no dishes?), fridge, sink, microwave, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, charging station on the nightstand. (See picture.)

Other than it being tricky to find the driveways at first, everything was great.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Quality Inn S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us an review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Garry
Quality Inn Suite Federal way
253.835.4141

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed one night after long day travelling from Alaska. Did not arrive till after midnight and the night girl was so nice and helpful. We headed to our room which was nice and spacious and proceeded to get to sleep. We found a used dirty sock in the sheets so that to us meant the bed had not been changed from the previous guests. We were so tired we decided to just to sleep and let the morning shift know of our concerns. We spoke to the on duty girl and she to say the least was not one bit interested and just said..."sorry bout that" and proceeded to walk off. To me as a long term Choice Privileges member this was most unacceptable. We will have to reconsider our options now.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter P

Dear Peter,

Garry
Quality Inn Suite Federal way
253.835.4141

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms were nice and clean, beds was soft and comfortable quit area. The front desk clerk was nice and helpful made checking in very pleasant. I would recommend the quality inn to my friends and family and we will come and stay again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was a good location for us. We stayed three days and visited Mt. Rainer, Olympic National Park, and Seattle. Our room was clean, bedding comfortable, had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. I only had three negative comments: the staff doesn't pay attention to how many days you are staying and only codes your key for one night. We not only had to go down the second night, but also on the third. The breakfast room is way too small for the size of the hotel. It can't seat more than 20 people. The front desk didn't have quarters for the laundry. I was told that they do most of the time, just not while we were there. They had an indoor pool, but I didn't use it. They had a small fitness room too. There didn't seem to be many children staying while we were there so the pool may have been welcoming to adults. Every evening there were fresh cookies in the lobby. Other than a few minor inconveniences we didn't have any major problems and it was reasonable priced. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Late arrival wasn't a problem although front desk staff took his time helping others without even acknowledging me when I tried to check in.

Bed was comfortable and had good quality linens, etc. Only soft pillows though - I wish hotels would give you options of at least one firm one! I was only staying one night and had an early check out, and I didn't ask for another pillow so they might offer that. Room was quiet and I slept well.

Early check out also meant that I missed the free breakfast as it starts fairly late for a hotel close to the airport. Looked like it might be decent.

Several nearby chain restaurants and at least one local place, so you don't have to go too far for food once you check in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Qualityinnfederalway, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time out your schedule, to complete our online survey. We will use this information in our training. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Sharon Anderson