“Great Asian Fusion”

Terracotta Red Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terracotta Red Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 439 Restaurants in Everett
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine St.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Never knew that this restaurant existed in Everett until some friends invited me there. Parking is kind of limited on the street and I parked at the gas station after I asked the cashier if it was ok.

The food was absolutely great! The hot and sour soup was different to what I have previously had elsewhere - it was very thick and like a sauce. The drunken chicken and the beef dish I had was wonderful. Great service, and not too crowded.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here once before...like over 15 years ago? My family decided to eat here for lunch and oh my! It was nice to be able to order items not seen at other restaurants. Usually when you go to a certain cuisine, there are usually a lot of favorites listed wherever you go. Here, they had a completely unique menu that sets them aside from the others. From their tea, soup, and main dishes. Not sure why I've only eaten here once before...will have to make it a regular occurrence.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Been coming for years. The food is always incredible and fresh. Our favorites are the Drunken Chicken and Empress ChowMein.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Don't get me wrong. This place is darn good. I rated it down in stars for a couple of specific reasons that are important to many diners. One is the noise, and the other is the lack of vegetarian options. Other than that, it's great.

For the noise, I don't know what it is about this place, but it reflects the noise quite a bit. There weren't that many people there, and they weren't being that loud, but the noise was a problem. I think it may have something to do with the curved wall in the main dining room, but I cannot say for sure. All I know is that we were surprised at how noisy it could get when just a few people started talking. Fortunately, it didn't stay the loud all the way through, but it is good to note that the potential is there.

In regard to the vegetarian options, there are vegetarian options, and even gluten-free, but it is surprising how few there are for a place specializing in Asian Fusion cuisine. We only spotted two options among the entrees, but there were a number of other options in the starters, and sides.

One of the options was the "vegetarian" spring rolls. I believe there were six in an order. These, however, were kind of small, and filled with almost nothing. They were kind of disappointing. They were okay, and the sauce they came with was nice, but not at all like similar vegetarian spring rolls I have had. We also had the Spicy Eggplant off the sides menu, and it was very good, but not really spicy. Those dishes combined with a bowl of brown rice, (we loved that they offered brown rice), was all we really needed for dinner. We had a pot of oolong tea for $4.00.

All in all, it was a good, tasty meal, and I suppose they adjusted their menu to local tastes, but it was surprising that there weren't more vegetables on the menu, and not much, (if any), mention of tofu. I think they could really add option to their menu with just the addition of tofu, but I guess tofu isn't that popular in Everett. Go here, try it, but keep in mind that it is Asian Fusion, and that can mean anything. If you go in there expecting the usual Chinese, Japanese, or Vietnamese options, you may be disappointed. It's a cute restaurant that is nicely decorated, and very popular.

1  Thank ovolacto
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Considering all the buzz I had heard about this place, I really expected better. It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. Combine that with the higher than average prices and the smaller than average portions and I'm out. We're in Everett here, not Bell Town. My dad and I ordered several noodle and rice dishes and they were fairly tasty but I felt like there could have been more veggies. The meat was a little dry and the rice and noodles not moist enough. The service was good and friendly and the ambiance was kind of cool. Maybe if they lowered the prices $2 a dish, made them a little larger and made them less dry, I would really like it.

Been to Terracotta Red Bistro? Share your experiences!