“Perfectly mediocre ”

Brix Elevage Wine Co
Ranked #2 of 6 Nightlife in Ellensburg
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Meh. Less food than fuel. They were (hopefully) understaffed with a single wait person working the whole dining room. "Hopefully" because if this is by design, it would be kinda lousy. As it is was, the service suffered. The pizzas were trying, and mainly failing, to be something fancy and sophisticated. The salad was just sorta ok. Kinda the whole experience.

All reviews
"wine tasting"
"pizza"
in 8 reviews
"great spot"
"large group"
"pour"

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Brix is a great spot to visit with my friends, a small group, and a large group of 11 (make sure to have a reservation). I have been here several times and haven't been disappointed yet.
They have a discounted wine pour on Wednesdays, which is always fun to hit, and a great selection of wines, beers, and a cider.
They have a great vegan sandwich option with delicious bread. Their pizza is gourmet and a nice option for sharing.
Their dessert is probably the best thing about them-ask for it in advance because there are only a certain amount and it takes about 20 minutes. Each time I have gone it is a variation of the lava cake with a fun change-like Reese or caramel, etc.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Some bad reviews- but our experience was good. The pizza was delicious ( with artichokes) and big enough for two. My bar b que chicken salad was very good- the chicken was not overcooked and there were a lot of good vegetables in it. One correction- it had an enormous amount of canned fried onion rings on it ( at least I think they were pre-packaged- ) and it was way too much- I left about 75% of them. My daughter had the lettuce wrap and liked it quite a bit. We all liked the hummus appetizer.
So no, not " fine dining" but we liked the ambience and we would come again.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I found it odd they don't taste the wines (there is a winery around the corner that does). Good local beers on tap. Limited menu- it was slow until they got a second cook in as there was one large group and then just a couple of other people. Service was friendly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My wife was so excited to introduce me to this great little restaurant she had visited a week earlier. It was Saturday night and they only had two wait staff, a young lady with dark hair and a young man. To his credit he was doing his best taking care of 80% of the place by him self. Our waitress (young lady) took our order and then ignored us the rest of the night. She even stood at the bar and ate her dinner while the place was packed and (young man) worked double time. We sat waiting to get a box and pay our bill for over 30 minutes. Great pizza! Wine is over priced at $9 a glass. Good beer selection. Lesson learned for us is if we go back, and we will (we live here) we will look for lazy uncaring young lady and if she is working we will pick another night. Worse service ever received.
Great food, very nice atmosphere, we hope they get better help. Maybe a third person to run the bar and 2 on the floor would help a lot.