“Got to be kidding...”

Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North
Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Reviewed 31 October 2014

When checking in, I said to the clerk that the parade of people coming and going were a bit disturbing.
He said "they're not on your floor". He put me on the 3rd floor near the back and the room was quiet. The floor is non-smoking but I think that means non-smoking until someone complains because the stale cigarette smoke stayed with me all day.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce G
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The place stinks - smoke in hallways, urine in elevator, cigarette burns on the bed sheets, no large bath towels - if i want to stay at a lower cost hotel - i'll stick with Super 8 or Motel 6 - or i'll always get a decent stay with Best Western.Like the other comments - i should have read the reviews first - good lesson learned.

1  Thank Jim N
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm surprised by the negative reviews here. I thought this place was OK. Yes it is a motel and therefore not top end, but for a motel this was certainly OK. Very comfortable bed. Some restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance. I didn't see any bad people. It's a 10 minute drive to the nice Edmonds town center. The beds were very comfortable. I thought this was OK!.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

NEVER EVER STAY HERE EVER!!!!! This is a "dope motel"! drug users and alcoholics in the hallways and entrances all night. Foul smells, mold and mildew... this pace had it all! Cigarette burns in the blankets and sheets, the blanket was also fraying of course. The walls had weird stains on them and the desk chair had patches missing out of its upholstery. We felt very unsafe to begin with but then to top it off we went across the street to the gas station to buy some drinking water and were stopped by the police who wanted to know why we were at that hotel. They said only drug users stay there and told us not to leave anything in our cars because it would probably get stolen.

Room Tip: dont stay here!!
5  Thank amberleigh2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

How come I didn't read these reviews before booking? lol. Picture makes it look like a very new modern hotel of decent quality. Warning the picture is misleading and to be honest I question whether it was photoshopped. Old, run down, lobby filled with cigarette smoke. Rooms stink. I checked in, dropped off all my stuff including my passport, ipad, money, etc and left it on the bed. Went down to the car and started plugging in an address in my gps and realized I forgot which city. Went back up to my room to find someone in it going through my stuff. Guy at the front desk checked the next people into the same room. Nice! Good thing I had to go back to my room. Rate here should be about $29 a night and no more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
4.1 km away
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
#6 of 13 in Lynnwood
3.2 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North? Share your experiences!