“disgusting and dangerous”

Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North
Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Reviewed 7 August 2014

NEVER EVER STAY HERE EVER!!!!! This is a "dope motel"! drug users and alcoholics in the hallways and entrances all night. Foul smells, mold and mildew... this pace had it all! Cigarette burns in the blankets and sheets, the blanket was also fraying of course. The walls had weird stains on them and the desk chair had patches missing out of its upholstery. We felt very unsafe to begin with but then to top it off we went across the street to the gas station to buy some drinking water and were stopped by the police who wanted to know why we were at that hotel. They said only drug users stay there and told us not to leave anything in our cars because it would probably get stolen.

Room Tip: dont stay here!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank amberleigh2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

How come I didn't read these reviews before booking? lol. Picture makes it look like a very new modern hotel of decent quality. Warning the picture is misleading and to be honest I question whether it was photoshopped. Old, run down, lobby filled with cigarette smoke. Rooms stink. I checked in, dropped off all my stuff including my passport, ipad, money, etc and left it on the bed. Went down to the car and started plugging in an address in my gps and realized I forgot which city. Went back up to my room to find someone in it going through my stuff. Guy at the front desk checked the next people into the same room. Nice! Good thing I had to go back to my room. Rate here should be about $29 a night and no more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

One of the worst hotels.....I was afraid to go back into room after dinner. People fighting all night in hallway threatening to call the cops. Gross carpeting....gross overall.

There was nothing else in town or we wouldn't have stayed even if we had to pay for it. Just the worst! Holes in the sheets. We stayed as short as possible and slept in our clothes! Left and went somewhere to shower and change!

Felt very unsafe as well. Scary!

Don't stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 18 March 2014

What was not wrong with this place. It was too expensive for one. The hotel smelled of smoke everywhere, including our non-smoking room. Our room was disgusting. We saw a white stain on the carpet as soon as we opened the door. The walls were stained everywhere you looked. The bedding had holes and stains on it. The shower had mold on the shower rings and curtain. Our ac/heater was broken. We had 3 lights in the room and one had a missing bulb and another had a bulb broken in half. To be fair, we told them and they gave us replacement bulbs, so that was a plus. I could go on and on about how terrible this place was, but I hope this gives you a good idea. This is the kind of place I would expect to pay $30 for, not $70 (after taxes). The staff was nice enough, but really that can't make up for the rest of the problems. I really wish I could have left when we got there without paying. Now we are out money for a very, very unpleasant experience. My husband, who has a high tolerance for gross and doesn't complain. was upset about our experience here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kay D
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Creepy place. Same people in the little lobby every night appeared local to me. Didn't feel safe. At end of stay, we checked under the beds to make sure we got everything and found a pair of handcuffs attached to the bed's slats! Very hard to explain away to a kid. I told America's Best Value about my concerns there. They said it was the local owner's issue and they would ask the owner to respond to me. Never did. I mentioned this finding to the local police there and they indicated that they patrol there often.

Room Tip: Don't stay at a hotel you have not seen, nor one that has a name of a "chain" but in f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank grammykate55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
4.1 km away
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
#5 of 13 in Lynnwood
1.9 km away
Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Edmonds/Seattle North? Share your experiences!