“Delicious baked goods”

Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Eastsound
Price range: USD 3 - USD 9
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Nestled in the San Juans on Orcas Island in the Village of Eastsound, you'll find a quant small baking kitchen, a place for grabbing breakfast/brunch on the way to explore the island or a mid day lunch break with soup. After a long day exploring the island, we'll see you back for a slice of heaven with one of our fresh-made desserts. Even linger, watching our bakers working at the large baking table and get some tips on honing your skills. We'll see you soon at Brown Bear Baking.
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We got a large rolled bun with citrus/orange and sprinkled sugar; It was delicious. Wish we had time to go there more than once. Very friendly service too!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Oh the smells! Walking down the street the smell will draw you in I promise. We had sandwiches which were absolutely fabulous! A reuben, and a toasted ham and cheese. Both were hot, with melty cheese and wonderful bread and flavor. We got them as a combo so they came with a small green salad wtih a vinaigrette. The salad was ok, but really it was small for the price so I would pass. The croissants are to. die. for. buttery and flaky and everything you need in your life. I promise. If you want some genuinely good food, you must stop in!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

great sandwiches, limited number of pastries, but they are all excellent. I'm a local and stop in frequently for lunch or snack

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

What an amazing bakery! Everything we ate there was delicious! The apple sage scone was my absolute favorite – so unique and perfectly textured. The chocolate muffin was a little on the sweeter side, but still using dark chocolate and perfectly moist. The quiche was wonderful as well, and so were several sandwiches we tried. The bear claw was another winner. Seriously, you can’t go wrong here – it’s a must try! I wish I had this down the street every day. It does get rather crowded around lunchtime with a line out the door, but it moves fairly quickly, and it’s worth the wait. Seating is limited, but there is some space both inside and outside. I can’t praise this place enough! We also enjoyed some of their loaves of bread to make our own sandwiches at home.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a great bakery but prepare to wait a bit for your coffee. Every time we stopped by it had a line out the door. It was worth the wait and while waiting it was fun to watch them preparing baked goods for the following day. We had chocolate filled croissants and almond coffee cake. Both were delicious! I saw some great sandwiches going out the door but saw no menus or any kind of signage for me to look at. I will not hesitate to eat here next time I visit and maybe even order and sandwich if I can find a menu. Friendly staff!

Date of visit: September 2018