“Delicious food in a pleasant setting”

Kathryn Taylor Chocolates
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Eastsound
Reviewed 24 October 2018

After being refused service at the Lower, we went to Madrona and had a lovely meal. The ahi ahi was delicious! And the server was friendly and attentive. It's a great place to eat!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I came here for the wonderful array of beautiful, specialty chocolates, which make great gifts. They are not cheap, but the flavors are very creative. You can fill a box with chocolates you pick out yourself. I tried the hedgehog, lavender, rhubarb, and pine flavored chocolates, which were all delightful. They package the box beautifully. They also offer ice cream, drinking chocolate, and other sweets, which looked tasty as well.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I do not drink coffee, but the friend with me came especially for the coffee, which she considers excellent. I had the walnut brownie. The chocolate was wonderful, more of a gentle German style than the common dense dark chocolate, and better because they chose that style.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I'll preface this review by saying that I am a chocolate snob. That said, this place is obviously trying to market themselves as having high-end chocolates. I had a couple of the chocolates, and they were fine. Nothing amazing, but totally fine. (and beautiful, I must admit).

The drinking chocolate however was a severe disappointment. It tasted weak and watered down, and just a step above nestle hot cocoa. Drinking chocolate should be thick, rich, decadent, and show complex flavor, and this was none of those.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

There are a few coffee places in this area but I really liked this one. Not only is the coffee so good, but the chocolates what kept me coming back.

Date of visit: August 2018