“Our stay at Salmon Shoal Cottage”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
The Salish Seaside Escapes
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My daughters and I had wonderful time at The Salish Seaside Escapes in July, celebrating one of my daughter's birthday. We had lovely sweet deers visiting each morning. Our view of the water was so close and so beautiful, how we enjoyed sitting out on our patio and having our meal.We had a wonderful meal of your local seafood, so delicious. Of course, we went into town and visited the shops, bakery and restaurants.The weather was just perfect. As you can tell we had a very special time there and love to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed three nights in Seal Point and really enjoyed the amazing view. The king bed in the master was comfortable although we needed to climb up a few steps to get onto it. It was nice to have a full kitchen and yummy coffee beans that were provided. We were located close to the local microbrewery and a short drive to the shops, co-op and restaurants in Eastsound. The house is decorated in an eclectic fashion which was fun. Only con was that it could be a bit cleaner but we were able to overlook this due to the gorgeous view.

Room Tip: Waterfront but a short walk to a small beach
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stayed in the Eagles Nest for six nights. It was perfect for two of us and our three little dogs. Beautiful views of the water and islands, wonderful hot tub, and a relaxing swing. We grilled two nights and ate on the very private deck looking at the sunsets over the Salush Sea. Saw porpoises and seals and herons feeding. The cabin was roomy, and very comfortable. All the amenities we needed. The property is lovely: charming paths and fascinating decorations, benches and view points. Nice beach area to explore. Close to the village for bike riding and walking there. The staff is relaxed and very accommodating. Also a short walk to the "Sucia ferry" so we could spend a heavenly day hiking there with our dogs. We visit Orcas 2-3 times a year for little getaways and this is our favorite location to stay!

Room Tip: Eagles Nest was perfect for two of us with total privacy, great views and wonderful hot tub.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegogoj
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have stayed here numerous times, in all the various properties, and every time is amazing. I booked two of the cottages (Seal Point and Salmon Shoal) for a company retreat with my team; many from out of state. To say my team was blown away by the beauty and tranquility of Orcas Island would be an understatement.

This is the first time using their catering services at Salish. Honestly, I never have my hopes up high with catering but the Salish has now become my new benchmark for catering! Our team was blown away with how amazing the food was. We were greeted the first night with hors d'oeuvres that would put the Four Seasons to shame: four types of smoked local salmon, cougar gold cheese, fruit, and beverages... WOW! And dinner was over the top. Everyday the food was fantastic and they had amazing options for our gluten free visitors.

The wildlife around the Salish is amazing. In 3 days we saw more deer than we could count, bald eagles, and we even had a pod of Orcas swim by one day during team training. Incredible.

If you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, schedule a team retreat, or simply want to take in the glory of creation this place this is where to stay. The property is secluded and beautiful and the staff are wonderful. Salmon Shoal is now my new favorite property at Salish.

I can't recommend the Salish more highly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My husband and I found out 3 weeks before our stay we both could take a long weekend and our first choice was to visit an island in the San Juans since we had never been. Upon searching, we came across the Salish Seaside escapes with vacancy in a cabin we could afford. We only needed one room, nothing fancy, just a getaway for 2.
We rented the Screech Owl for 3 nights. We brought a cooler of food, wine and our kayaks. We took our first ferry ride ever and after landing on Orcas island we easily found the Salish Seaside resort and were greeted by two young ladies from housekeeping. Super friendly and they directed us to the woman who would check us in. I believe her name was Denise, but I'm not sure. Again, super friendly and she walked us over to the cabin, showed us where to park and took us inside. This place is like nothing I've ever seen. If you like quirky and unique this place is for you! First of all, it's clean and that is all I ever care about. It has to be clean. The owls are the best and are everywhere. The decorating is amazing, you see something new everytime you enter the massive front room. The kitchen is up to date and has everything you need to cook and then some. The deck off the master is huge. Very peaceful. There weren't any people staying below us so we would walk to the hot tub without fear of walking into others. There were deer every day, they came right up to the deck, We kayaked and the walk to the launch is short, after kayaking we accidently locked our keys in the car and had to walk back to the cabin to get our extra set. We went on hikes, went to Mt. Constitution and ate local ice cream. The town is close and easy to navigate, Very quaint and lovely to walk around. It did rain some while we were there, but we didn't mind, nothing could spoil our time in that cabin, we just enjoyed every minute of relaxation it provided. Neither my husband nor I could find anything wrong with our stay. We are already making plans for next year. Thank you Seaside Escape for being apart of what may now be an annual trip for us!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayden71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
2.2 km away
2.2 km away
Landmark Orcas Island
Landmark Orcas Island
#3 of 12 in Eastsound

Been to The Salish Seaside Escapes? Share your experiences!