“Quiet Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Main Living Room ceiling and skylight (futon not there anymore) Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Magical Forest House
Main Living Room ceiling and skylight (futon not there anymore)
Kitchen
Between Tubroom/Kitchen
Tubroom
Skylight
Bathroom
Tower
Tower Stairs
Extra bed or couch nook on the second story of tower
reading, meditation, hang out in second story of tower
Bedroom skylight
looking down from the second story tower Deck
From the large deck looking back at Tower
Exterior at twilight
Night time at Hobbit land
Spectacular Sunset in Eastsound
Parking and neighborhood shot--very private and woodsy
Community Beach down the street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fort Worth, Texas
“Quiet Retreat”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

The hobbit house was beautiful. We had a great time there relaxing and re-charging our batteries. The views from the deck were beautiful. It was so quiet that we could hear the birds chirping all day long. We even spotted a couple of deer in the area.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Zoe S
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing Ladies Night”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Hobbit House this August with three friends from Friday Harbor. We all work in the hotel industry and have pretty high standards of accommodations. We were amazed at the Hobbit House in every way! When we arrived, everything was picture perfect from the beautiful Orcas Island, to the house it's self. There is so much care put into this vacation rental, from the landlord meeting you when you arrive, to the well maintained and clean everything, all the way down to the sign hanging on the door that read all of our names when we arrived. We all had a fun time at the house and a great night sleep! Keep your eyes peeled when you visit the Hobbit House, you never know what magical details you might be missing in the architecture.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Sonali K
Chicago, Illinois
“Magical, peaceful, healing - highly recommend!”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I honestly am at a loss of words at how to begin my review for this truly magical place. Suzanne was wonderful to work with leading up to our anniversary trip. She didn't miss a single detail in making us feel welcome and making sure our stay was as perfect and as comfortable as it could be.

The home is stunning as are the views. There are no curtains so you are surrounded by trees and beautiful views of the patios and the tower. I was woken up each morning by the sunrise and I was on the patio each evening watching the sunset.

I had a very rough few weeks leading up to our trip, and I can honestly say that staying here healed me emotionally, mentally, and physically. When, not if, I return to Washington I will be taking the ferry directly to Orcas Island and staying at this amazing home. There is no place in the world like it.

Notes:
Main bedroom/area - there are no curtains so if you aren't an early riser Suzanne has provided a eye mask to wear so you aren't awoken.
Bathroom - there is no curtain, and you can see the main road which means anyone driving past could possibly see you so beware.
Tub - the tub was interesting, but you get used to it.
Kitchen - a lovely and small kitchen. Suzanne had it perfectly stocked with everything you would need to create any type of meal.
Movies/Games - I loved that she had a selection of movies and games. We were so enchanted by our surroundings that we cooked almost all of our meals and just enjoyed the views each day.

I could write so much more and post a million more photos, but I feel it's best to see for yourself and create your own experience. I promise, you won't be disappointed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peacefulness of the location and the property and all it had to offer
Liked least: The bugs, but I understand it's nature
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
cmillns
Brighton, Michigan
“Amazing and Relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The Hobbit House was a pleasant place to stay. Such detail is taken in welcoming you upon arrival. Loved all the attention to detail in the house. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay this is it. The decks are beautiful with lots of beautiful flowers and a cute little hummingbird that visited us everyday. The view is beautiful as well. Would definitely stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Ryan L
“Majestic and Tranquil”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in April 2015

If you are looking for A magical place to unwind and relax, look no further! I spent Easter weekend here, and I had such a great visit. The owners were so nice and I had to give her a hug on the way out for sharing this beautiful place.

I was able to relax and play my guitar(s) while unwinding from busy Seattle life. I work in the mattress business and I have to say their mattress was nice and cozy!!

I would rate this place 10 stars if I could, and I will definitely be back!!!!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing