“Great Experience”
Review of Kop Chai

Kop Chai
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Camas
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stumbled upon Kop Chai during an unexpected trip to Camas. Tucked away on a side street, it accidentally caught my eye at lunch time. Going inside I was struck how neat and clean it appeared as well as on the small side.

I was seated promptly and offered a lunch menu by a very friendly waitperson. Being fond of Thai noodle dishes, I gave a wide noodle dish with vegetables and chicken a try. As usual the names are unpronounceable, so #2 lunch was the easy way out.

The dish appeared quickly and it was a good amount and very tasty. See the photo. There was nothing to complain about. Just a great experience. Total cost ~$8 before tip.

Will diffidently be back!!

27J

Date of visit: May 2013

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Little hidden gem. Like other reviewers before me have said, food is very good and reasonably priced. Lunch specials for around $8, which gets you a lot of curry. Owned by couple who are very friendly. This is the only place my parents (retired teachers) go out to eat at (the owners spoil them.) When I am in town to visit, we always to to Kop Chai. Red curry is what I always get & its good.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Kop Chai is a great place to eat. We come several times a month. We have our favorites but when we branch out we are also happy. I love the Tom Yum, Pineapple Fried Rice, Chicken/Broccoli/Rice, the list goes on. It's our kids favorite destination and they ask to go all the time!

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This restaurant is a small establishment in a small town. It seats about 20 - 25 people maximum and is a mom & pop operation. With the restaurant full and only one waitress, service was a little slow. We helped ourselves to chopsticks and chili sauce, but no big deal since it was right by our table. Waitress wasn't dismissive or rude, just a little over-whelmed. Our food, the usual Thai fare of Pad Thai chicken, green curry and penang curry, was all very good and leftovers taken home. The only thing that left me a little flat was the deep-fried tofu--rubbery and not as good as elsewhere. The restaurant was spartan (no tablecloths and minimalist decorations) but was clean. Prices were average for similar Thai restaurants visited. Portions were average to better than average. It's a good choice for dining in Camas.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I almost hate to rate this. It isn't a secret. Lovely man and wife team. Good food. Not much to look at but great value and taste.

Date of visit: June 2012

Been to Kop Chai? Share your experiences!