All reviewsjack in the boxbob's burgersstayed hereshell gas stationanacortes ferrytesla chargingyogurtsan juan islandstulip festivalfree breakfasttrain tracksnice breakfastnight managerlight sleepernice hotelnext morningfront desk staff
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I paid over $200 a night for this "mmmm not awful, maybe okay" "so/so hotel." The cost compared to the amenities is ridiculously uneven. The rooms were TINY! Our double queen was barely big enough for me and my spouse let alone the 2 family members occupying this room as well for the weekend. The beds were not even that comfortable. Incredibly expensive, not worth the price! The lacrosse 13u travel team was staying there and the pool area was a hazard zone, super scary to see how they misbehaved without any parental supervision regardless of complaints made.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Emi B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Lake M,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I apologize that the kids were misbehaving, and that their parents were not in there to supervise. I have let the front desk staff know that if there are guest complaints they have the right to suspend the use of the pool due to them being unsafe. Thank you again for your time and your review.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

We stayed here for one night after flying to Seattle from the East Coast and battling our way up I-5 during rush hour. We arrived exhausted and thirsty and found this hotel and its staff to be everything we needed. It was clean and quiet with enough food options around for two tired souls. The breakfast the next morning was a great start for us. Thanks to the super team of folks working there!

We initially chose this hotel because it was the closest Marriott property to North Cascades National Park and it offered access to a grocery store, Walmart, Costco, etc. to help us equip ourselves for our camping trip. The town of Burlington (an exit or two south on I-5) is easy to navigate and has everything you would need. We especially appreciated the produce stands offering fresh berries and cherries in season.

I have stayed in many Marriott properties (including Fairfield Inns) all over the country, and this one is just as great as the rest.

Room Tip: Another typically great Marriott experience
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We were welcomed with open arms from the time we arrived here!! We were made to feel like it was a genuine pleasure for the hotel staff to have us here with them. It was a beautiful way to begin our stay. Everything else was superb too. The breakfast was vast, delicious and with plenty of healthy options too.

The room was quiet, warm, spacious and very clean.

The shower was out of this world incredible. Excellent water pressure and I was honestly thinking of pulling up a chair in there to spend the day—-it was that good.

This is an excellent hotel in all respects. We can’t recommend it enough!! Kudos to staff and management for getting everything right here!!

PS our adorable dog stayed with us too and the hotel staff treated her to special doggie treats at check-in which were quickly gobbled up ;)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Emi B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you and your adorable doggie the next time your travels bring you to Burlington!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I'm pretty loyal to Marriott/Fairfield, so I stayed here one night for a price that seemed disproportionately high. When I I called the next night to stay again, the price was $50 higher than an already high price from the previous night despite having 7 vacant rooms at 9:30 pm on a Tuesday. Now, if you're going to be charging $90 more than the local Hampton, Candlewood, ect, you better have everything PERFECT...but the Fairfield did not. The room was small and aged, the ice maker didn't work on two of the three floors, they were out of milk at breakfast. Fairfield, you better take a look around before you continue to gouge with such high prices, you should not be so proud. The CANDLEWOOD was beautiful, pristine, fair.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sandy K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Slmpnevererst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your recent stay at the Fairfield. It is through feedback, such as yours, that we are able to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay, and although I don't have the details of your reservation, I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction and hope to address some of your concerns.

Yes, we are aware of the ice machine out of service on the first floor and noted on the machine that ice is available a few steps away at the front desk. I was not aware that there was a second ice machine that was not working on Tuesday evening and has since been reset. I would also like to apologize for the milk at breakfast, there may have been a brief moment that the milk had all been taken from the cooler on the breakfast bar, however, we replace this, as with all food offerings, frequently throughout the breakfast.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed at this property for one night whilst in the area and as a Marriott rewards member it was a good option to burn some points for a short visit.
Getting to the property is pretty straightforward given that its literally adjacent to the highway so a quick off ramp and a turn at a traffic light and you're in the parking lot, although the area is under construction so just follow the signs and drive through the large shared parking area.

Check in was quick and simple due in large part to the fact I used the Marriott app to advance check in and the keys were ready and waiting as soon as i walked in the door which was nice. The room was well appointed with the usual furnishings, and the fact I could open the window for some fresh air was a nice feature as well....until of course I realized that being on the back side of the building meant having an unobstructed view to the train track which wasn't made obvious until the train passed and blew its whistle. Of course being near the highway meant residual noise from the passing traffic as well.

Breakfast was included and although the waffle maker was a nice option, the rest of the offerings were pretty standard of what you'd expect for an included option and really it filled the hunger gap before heading out on the road, but wasn't very memorable. There is not an on site restaurant; however, there is a Bob's Burgers across the parking lot which serves a lot of good options (not just burgers) and apparently it can be ordered to the room which is a nice option.

As mentioned, the proximity of the highway and railroad track might be too much for some, but for me it served a purpose for a quick stop whilst maintaining Marriott standards.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Sandy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location met your needs. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose to stay with us again! Regards, Sandy