All reviewsjack in the boxbob's burgersstayed hereshell gas stationanacortes ferrytesla chargingyogurtsan juan islandstulip festivalfree breakfasttrain tracksnice breakfastnight managerlight sleepernice hotelnext morningfront desk staff
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I'm pretty loyal to Marriott/Fairfield, so I stayed here one night for a price that seemed disproportionately high. When I I called the next night to stay again, the price was $50 higher than an already high price from the previous night despite having 7 vacant rooms at 9:30 pm on a Tuesday. Now, if you're going to be charging $90 more than the local Hampton, Candlewood, ect, you better have everything PERFECT...but the Fairfield did not. The room was small and aged, the ice maker didn't work on two of the three floors, they were out of milk at breakfast. Fairfield, you better take a look around before you continue to gouge with such high prices, you should not be so proud. The CANDLEWOOD was beautiful, pristine, fair.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sandy K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Slmpnevererst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your recent stay at the Fairfield. It is through feedback, such as yours, that we are able to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay, and although I don't have the details of your reservation, I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction and hope to address some of your concerns.

Yes, we are aware of the ice machine out of service on the first floor and noted on the machine that ice is available a few steps away at the front desk. I was not aware that there was a second ice machine that was not working on Tuesday evening and has since been reset. I would also like to apologize for the milk at breakfast, there may have been a brief moment that the milk had all been taken from the cooler on the breakfast bar, however, we replace this, as with all food offerings, frequently throughout the breakfast.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed at this property for one night whilst in the area and as a Marriott rewards member it was a good option to burn some points for a short visit.
Getting to the property is pretty straightforward given that its literally adjacent to the highway so a quick off ramp and a turn at a traffic light and you're in the parking lot, although the area is under construction so just follow the signs and drive through the large shared parking area.

Check in was quick and simple due in large part to the fact I used the Marriott app to advance check in and the keys were ready and waiting as soon as i walked in the door which was nice. The room was well appointed with the usual furnishings, and the fact I could open the window for some fresh air was a nice feature as well....until of course I realized that being on the back side of the building meant having an unobstructed view to the train track which wasn't made obvious until the train passed and blew its whistle. Of course being near the highway meant residual noise from the passing traffic as well.

Breakfast was included and although the waffle maker was a nice option, the rest of the offerings were pretty standard of what you'd expect for an included option and really it filled the hunger gap before heading out on the road, but wasn't very memorable. There is not an on site restaurant; however, there is a Bob's Burgers across the parking lot which serves a lot of good options (not just burgers) and apparently it can be ordered to the room which is a nice option.

As mentioned, the proximity of the highway and railroad track might be too much for some, but for me it served a purpose for a quick stop whilst maintaining Marriott standards.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Sandy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location met your needs. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose to stay with us again! Regards, Sandy

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The beds were super comfy. I haven't sleep that well in a long time. Good breakfast selection too. Helpful staff with great attitudes makes staying here a nice experience. I had the room right above the pool & you couldn't hear any noise.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Emi B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review Julie! We strive to make sure our guests have great encounters here! We are so glad you were able to enjoy a great night sleep! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Air conditioning did not work and no engineer on duty. Loud location next to I-5 and the train tracks are right behind hotel. They need to clean the windows and the interior wasn’t the cleanest. Ice machines not working on 2 of the 3 floors. Don’t stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sandy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Traveltroutfisherman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I would like to apologize that your room was not what you had expected, we try our best to make each guest feel comfortable and happy, and unfortunately we fell short on this occasion. Because our Engineer does not work in the evening, and the offer to switch your room did not work for you, I was pleased to hear that our Front Office Manager was able to compensate you.

I have made the housekeeping department aware of the cleanliness issues that you mentioned and the ice machines have both been reset.

Hopefully, the next time you visit the Burlington area, you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here before on business and were greated as visiting old friends when we arrived.(The good kind of friend... not the annoying Christmas Vacation kind)...

EMI did a GREAT JOB checking us in and had our stuff already. The desk clerks were all very polite. The check out was easy and the gal who worked the breakfast always always had kind words in the AM.

It is easy access to I-5 and walking distance to fast food and a sit down place. Short driving distance to malls and other shopping.
I will let people know that there are train tracks nearby so if you are a light sleeper you might want to request a room further away.

Unfortunately the cookie oven was gone so no hot cookies to come down to the lobby in the evening for. A cup of coffee and visit with the staff or friends is always a good way to end the evening.

The desk staff did offer to get us some po packaged ones from the market at no charge. But not the same as the smell of the fresh warm ones.

This is not the fault of the staff and in the scope of things its snall.

I am still rating it well because of the staff and cleanliness.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Lmm1174,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear that the front desk staff was warm and welcoming. We always love to see familiar faces!

We are so sorry about the fresh baked cookies! We wish we had those still too!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay in Burlington!