“Overnight GetAway”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Burlington
Renton
“Overnight GetAway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My daughter, service dog, and I stayed here on a quick overnight before her spring break. The location can't be beat - very easy to get to from the freeway, no more than 4 miles north of great places to shop, and only about 20 minutes from Western WA University. I am a relatively light sleeper and encountered no problems from either the freeway or the trains. There are coffee and subs nearby. Bob's Burgers and Brew is adjacent, but the carry-out menu had no prices on it. That makes it a no-go on a teacher/student budget.

When we checked in, we were pleased with the clean, well-attended lobby and check-in. Special kudos to Laura for greeting us so warmly and remembering the phone cinversation we had the day before. This went a long way to making us feel welcome as guests.

This hotel is NOT pet friendly but, of course, accepts service animals. Unfortunately Max made 2 yaps about 4 pm and someone complained to the front desk. He is generally well-behaved, but he is a dog and hears a noise and thinks he has to protect his family. This left us on edge we were going to be asked to leave. I took him to the lobby to show how well-trained he is, but were not able to show him to whoever complained. It wouldn't have been bad but we were about 2-3 rooms away from the hotel and young children were rather noisy between there and the pool as the evening wore on - which made the service dog be on alert. Neighbors next to us, a room closer to the lobby, were noisy off/on until 2ish - which again alerted the service dog. I don't know what the hotel can do, but perhaps a quiet policy after certain hours or a reminder to be considerate of neighbors or other guests as you move through public spaces might help.

Food in the hotel was convenient. I didn't use the amenities shop next to the desk, but it appeared to have a satisfactory selection. I liked the 24/7 coffee service and appreciate that they had decaf coffee available. Thebreakfast selection was comparable to a couple continental breakfasts I've had in variety. Quality was another thing - I found the breads/pastries to be rather dry. The hard-boiled eggs were not quickly replenished when consumed by the early-birds, I would also suggest a sugar-free syrup for the waffles.

The room was pretty comfortable, although the beds were a bit soft and the pillows too squishy for my taste. The bathroom had a wide door and the tub had a handlebar - nice for someone needing the room or support but not an accessible room.

I booked the room through Priceline. If I could get a similar price, I'd stay here again. Otherwise, I'm not sure it would be worth the stress I encountered with the service dog.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool and elevator for a quieter night
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We usually stay at another hotel in that area but it was a busy weekend so we found that this hotel had lots of room?? Go figure?? Th staff was excellent on arrival and found us a room on the top floor. But we got inside the room and saw that the room had a musty smell old paint bad carpet broken shower head and no small fridge?? Would you not think that the maids would inform management regaurding the problems?
The "big" kicker was that the smoke detector was on the sidewall right beside your head when you slept and the lights on it blinked every 5 seconds!
It was not a great sleep! And not a great stay! Sorry.
spend some money on this hotel and get it up to speed!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank 0shasta0
Burfair-Management, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
I am sending you a message with my contact information so we work together to find a suitable resolution. Thank you so much for alerting us about the faulty showerhead. We hope you stay with us again in the future.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

As a "refugee" from another property in the area, I can't tell you how wonderful this hotel is. I was accommodated in so many ways -- and it started with the desk manager and continued until I checked out. It isn't as close to shopping as another reviewer states, but if you can't drive 4 miles for that, there is something wrong! I was happy to be away from the hustle and bustle, but near things of interest. Also, for a property on the edge of a freeway, this is a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the desk manager...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
BC Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I book on priceline, so the rate is great!& breakfast is included. This is our 3rd stay here, and I love it. The rooms are comfortable, clean, quiet. There is a little fridge in your room, and the beds are really comfortable. David the night manager is so helpful! Gave us a whole bunch of info on the town. I love that there is a Bob's Burger and Brew next door.
We try and stay here every trip, we are usually on our way to Lynnwood, and after a long day of driving this is our first stop. Recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

You certainly don't need your GPS to find this hotel if you are approaching it from the North. Can't miss it as it as you head South on I-5 as it is right beside the freeway and really the first sign of "civilization" beyond Bellingham. We were surprised at how remote the hotel was, a couple of exits from the shopping areas of Burlington and the restaurants of downtown Mt. Vernon. Plenty of parking in front and check-in was fast, but we were given a room with 2 double beds as there were no King beds available as requested. Our 2nd floor room was fairly quiet even though it faced the freeway and we only occasionally heard footsteps from the room above and never heard from the rooms on either side. Beds were super soft (I prefer more support) and there was a small fridge to keep snacks and drinks cold. There was plenty of water pressure and the towels seemed plush. 32 inch flat screen LCD TV had a variety of channels with several in HD. Free WiFi was fast and no smell of cigarette smoke anywhere. Complimentary breakfast was OK, however the microwaved sandwich options were very salty. We only looked at the small indoor pool area and saw there were several people enjoying the facility. Have stayed at nicer hotels in the area, but would stay here again at the reasonable rate given.

Room Tip: If you want a King bed, request it early by phone direct to the hotel, otherwise you will get 2 rath...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
6.6 km away
4.3 km away
Cocusa Motel
Cocusa Motel
#5 of 5 in Burlington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!