“Lousy Food, Mediocre Service”
Review of Crystal Creek Cafe

Crystal Creek Cafe
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Bothell
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 October 2018

To begin, we waited 25 minutes for a table. This was ok, since it was a Sunday morning and we understood it was a busy time for breakfast. Upon being seated we asked if we could sit in the booth that was available instead of the table they were directing us to. I am six months pregnant and my mother in law has back problems. We were told that someone else was being seated there. The someone else was a group that came in about 10 minutes after we did. They were waited on before us, ordered before we did, and and received their food before we did. My crepes were a sorry excuse for food. They were cold, served with half cut strawberries on top. The whip cream I asked for on the side did not come with them, and I had to request it again. They were simply awful, especially for $12.00. I cut up the berries and placed them inside the crepes myself, but they were not good. I would not be surprised if they had been made hours earlier. The "syrup" my mother in law was served was the consistency of juice, barely thicker than water; and did not have a maple flavor at all. I think it was cooked sugar water. The coffee suffered the same watery fate, more like dish water than coffee. The waitress who was easily 15 years younger than me referred to me as "dear" and sweetie" several times. I overheard her refer to an elderly gentleman in his 60's the same way; very condescending. The rest of the meal was ok, nothing special. I don't know why this place had a line, the food, service, and coffee were mediocre at best, terrible at worst. I won't eat here or any of its affiliates again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

A good way I like to judge the chef is to order the eggs Benedict. If they get that right we have a quality chef in our hands! Well they have a great chef here. Poached eggs were cooked perfectly and the hollandaise sauce was perfect! Service was excellent and the place was very clean. Glad I found the little Gem!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We love this place and eat here frequently. Breakfast is served all day long and is delicious. My child loves the M&M pancakes, my husband the scrambles and eggs benedict, while I am partial to the chicken fried steak. Also on Fridays they have juicy prime rib, served with veggies and a baked potato for $16.99!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We arrived about 1:30 pm, and were told there would be a short wait, or we could eat in the bar, same menu, booth seating, etc. On a Tuesday afternoon, the bar was nearly empty, one patron at the bar, and our party of 3. Barkeep brought the menus promptly and we ordered beverages. Iced tea, lemonade and a beer. When they were brought, my husband asked for sweet & low. Barkeep came & took food order, still no sweet & low. Husband walked into restaurant area and got his own. My cream of tomato soup was nearly cold when it arrived, but was rewarmed when I asked for it. Food was good, nothing spectacular, but the overall lack of service was disappointing. It’s not like it was busy. Maybe the barkeep doesn’t usually get food orders, without wait staff?

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite place to go to. Basically like fast, but a great diner location. They have a few other locations that serve the same menu...they are just differently themed. The staff is always friendly. This morning I had a pumpkin waffle with pecans and whipped cream and it was perfect and needed no syrup. You should check it out!

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Crystal Creek Cafe? Share your experiences!