“Tea, Scones, Soup, Salad- oh my!!!!”

Village Eatery and Tea Company
Ranked #42 of 207 Restaurants in Bothell
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: British, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Delicious, wonderful food and excellent service. The Village Eatery never disappoints with their excellent homemade food!!! Huge tea list and must have scones are always a hit. This is the first time we tried their special British salad and it’s a new favorite!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've eaten here three times in one month. Each time I have gone with different friends, so I speak for four people when I say the food was delicious. Here are the things that I really liked about it. First, it's really clean. Most tea places I have been in – the ones that specialize in a British style high tea – are dusty and creepily dirty with too many ruffles and lacy table cloths. Second, its food is extremely tasty. I have had the best mulligatawny soup I have had almost anywhere in my 77 years of living. It is one of my favorite soups, and this is superb. Third, is pleasant service. It might be considered a little slow, but that's because the food is being made for you.

You can get a "regular" lunch, or something that seems authentically British. Desserts are outstanding, especially the dainty assortment of goodies that come as part of a full or light tea. It's a delightful oasis and breath of fresh air compared to louder, busier places, and a great place to actually have a conversation over lunch.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The list is too long of reasons why I will not return to write them all. My favorite is when my friend asked for milk on the side for her tea the waitress responded "I will not be putting milk in your tea. I have way too many things to do around here". Again, she just asked for milk on the side. It was one of those experiences where you just didn't want to say anything out of fear your tea would be spat in. Obviously I will not be returning.

3  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I almost hate (selfishly) to give this place a glowing review because they are in a small space and I don't want it to get so crowded I can't get a table! It has become my favorite spot for a traditional tea house. The food is wonderful, whether a full lunch or sweets to go with tea. Their soups have never disappointed.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

While the food is tasty and the desserts are good the service here is well below par. My friend and I each ordered a sandwich, mine with soup and her's with a salad. Server put our plates in front of us and after eating three bites of the sandwich, which was on the plate with the soup, found that kitchen had put the wrong sandwiches on our plates, so I had eaten part of my friend's sandwich. The waitress, who was pretty lackluster during the entire meal, apologized, but did not offer to re-do the half sandwich that I had eaten part of. Really! So now, my friend either gets only half a sandwich or she has to eat a partially eaten sandwich. I've never had anything like that happen in a restaurant and not have the staff take care of the situation. In addition, my actual (!) sandwich was supposed to have cheese on it and I had to ask for the cheese as there was none on the sandwich. Won't be going back here.

2  Thank TravelTalk2