“Very good special Easter brunch”

Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 206 Restaurants in Bothell
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went to Preservation Kitchen for the first time. It was crowded and although we had reservations, we had to wait about 10 minutes past our reserved time because the party using our table took a while to leave; however, the staffer was very good at keeping us posted on the status of the table. We were seated next to the fireplace, which was very nice and worth the wait. We ordered a plate of ricotta beignets to share--they were small and moist, served with an orange sauce, very good and different from New Orleans' style. I ordered the crab cakes, and the others in the family ordered meat lovers omelet, salmon cake omelet, and the burger. Dishes were tasty, prepared well, and nicely presented. Service was very attentive. We'll come back!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

What a disappointment this was. Seated at 9:30am and not served our 'starter' for 1/2 hour. Waiter did not even come back to check on us after he took our order (had to get a different waitress to help us) and he had told us menu could not be modified AT ALL (we overheard the waiter at the table next to us offer to ask the kitchen if they could modify a menu item for the guests). Only came to find out that there was in fact a children's menu that our youngest daughter could have ordered from (which we did only after I had to ask for it at the hostess stand and change her order). When breakfast finally arrived it was 45 minutes later and potatoes were cold. Table was cleared while my husband was still eating. Thankfully, they did not take his plate from him but it was rude. Would not recommend or go back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

On the west side of SR 522 on the south edge of Bothell, this restaurant, a house overlooking the highway, is nestled up on a hill, with the parking in front. Oft-times, the parking lot is packed, particularly for dinner. I went there for breakfast, coming away not impressed.

It would seem that the novelty of this place is the building, which is adorned with some homey touches inside, such as a fireplace and wooden tables. Food offerings were somewhat typical, but low on the value side, while service was average. I can do better, just head east.

1  Thank brifd1
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Bad night, bad experience, food is not good, overdone skirt steak, bad glaze on the short rib “ too sweet “, had good experience last visit at the Bar?

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Since my husband and I love finding hidden gems, I searched for one near our hotel in Bothell. The name doesn't give any clues to the food so don't try to guess. The setting is a beautiful old house that I can only imagine has many stories to tell! On to the food ...

Appetizers we had polenta fries (just right on the inside and crispy on the outside) and brussel sprouts with goat cheese and buttermilk pannacota. Now don't judge until you try because it was amazing!

Lunch we had a fried chicken salad and the fried chicken ciabatta. I know it's not imaginative but the waiter raved about these two dishes. Our thoughts .. good but not great. Best part of my husband's dish was the fries but way too much of them! His chicken sandwich was unfortunately dry. My chicken salad was the same, way too big and chicken while nice spicing and flavor, it was too dry.

I think we'd go back only to try another dish. The overall experience was still pretty good!