“Neighborhood hideaway”

Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 203 Restaurants in Bothell
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Since my husband and I love finding hidden gems, I searched for one near our hotel in Bothell. The name doesn't give any clues to the food so don't try to guess. The setting is a beautiful old house that I can only imagine has many stories to tell! On to the food ...

Appetizers we had polenta fries (just right on the inside and crispy on the outside) and brussel sprouts with goat cheese and buttermilk pannacota. Now don't judge until you try because it was amazing!

Lunch we had a fried chicken salad and the fried chicken ciabatta. I know it's not imaginative but the waiter raved about these two dishes. Our thoughts .. good but not great. Best part of my husband's dish was the fries but way too much of them! His chicken sandwich was unfortunately dry. My chicken salad was the same, way too big and chicken while nice spicing and flavor, it was too dry.

I think we'd go back only to try another dish. The overall experience was still pretty good!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Went with a girlfriend for Happy Hour including the grilled cheese sandwich. Wasn't as thrilled with that as I was with the Brussel sprouts appetizer. Drinks were good. Kind of pricey.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is just a special place. You would never know it from the area right around it which looks hopelessly commercial, but it's a lovely restaurant. We've brought visitors for dinner several times and had excellent service and food. We've rented their room for special occasions and we've stopped in and just had drinks at the bar. Each area has a great atmosphere. We will keep going back whenever we can!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 6:40pm for a 7:00pm reservation and sat in the ale house portion for a drink. At 7:30 and 2 drinks later we reminded the staff about our reservation. At 7:40 the moved us to the ale house table side overflow. It’s not the preservation ambiance we were looking for. We ordered our selections, one had the airline chicken. Two others had the steak mash, and I had the the seared duck breast. After we ordered we waited another hour and 2 more drinks and then asked about our meal and they said they were sorry that a large group had come before us. At 9 our food arrived. The airline chicken was said to be good. The steak mash was very tough skirt steak and and lacked a little flavor. The duck breast was cooked medium rare as ordered but the fat skin was rubbery which means it was hurried in the rendering stage. The manager came over and gave us one more apology/excuse about the other large group and brought four shots of liquor. We were excited about the experience but were left feeling like we were steerage passengers. My wife and I have taken other friends there before with good rating and we’ve been to the ale house for happy hour for a beer with good rating but this time was a complete disappointment.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Had to be around and about on a recent Sunday morning in Bothell Washington and wanted to try something new for brunch, We discovered The Preservation Kitchen, named after the owner's passion for saving this historic early 1900's mansion from the wrecking ball. Restoring the beautiful grounds and rooms were only part of the passion, the menu exudes care and love as well.

Being a brunch we dined on their lovely breakfast hash with a hearty helping of their home made sausage gravy, which I have to admit was pure heaven. We also tried some of their blueberry pancakes, which honestly were the lightest most airy pancakes I've ever eaten. Based on a strong recommendation from our superb and knowledgeable server I tried their homemade and fresh hollandaise, and let me tell you, I've never had better anywhere on earth, it was sheer genius.

After our lovey meal we were treated to a guided tour of the old mansion, through all the bedrooms now converted to lovely private dining spaces and also the historic French Kitchen, just as it was over 50 years ago and just exuding the magic and culture of a time long passed.

A wonderful way to spend a morning, afternoon or romantic evening.