See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

The owners also own Northwood motel. Not fancy but clean, new paint. Refrigerator and microwave. Coffee at office also continental breakfast. It isn't on the bay and you can't see it from motel. Walking distance from restaurants. price was fair. Fine for Just a night or two. Owner it's very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2015

After many years of travel I have discovered some truisms about motels.
If the clerk can't speak English, there might be a problem
If the clerk can't figure out how to run the credit card machine, (Continually ran the card backwards telling me the card was no good), you might have a problem
If the sign says, "Weekly or Monthly Rates" and you notice that people are living at the motel, you might have a problem
If the "bed" is a very old pull out sofa with a 1" mattress, you might have a problem
If the sheets are grey instead of white and look and smell like they have not been washed, you might have a problem
This motel is batting a thousand! Do yourself a favor. Find a cardboard box and sleep under the bridge. It will be a much better experience.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 17 August 2015

This motel is clean, quaint, quiet and small, with a nice view of the Drayton Harbor and Semiahmoo Bay. It is close to all including restaurants and shops in Blaine, WA. The rooms are well appointed, with air conditioners, and light breakfasts are provided, if desired. The bathrooms include soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers. I would definitely stay again, if in the area. By the way, I like to bicycle, and found this location a great one (1), for the start, of nice bike journeys, in Whatcom county. I find the management accommodating, friendly and helpful. They didn't seem to mind me storing my bicycle, in the room either.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

We were fishing up Northern Vancouver Island and usually try and stay in the area of Bellingham until we continue our trip back to Montana. The Anchor Inn was our stop this time and will probably continue to be for years to come! Our basic needs were overwhelmingly met with a very clean room, full kitchen (which we didn't need but was nice to have), quiet location and within walking distance of food, gas and the interstate. We needed to plug in our freezer we have in the back of our truck full of fish we caught & froze, we could park right in front of our room and use the extension cord we brought, plugged it right into our room! Worked perfectly. No hotel in the area could provide the security of us knowing our freezer and coolers were safe and accessible like the Anchor Inn. On the cons side the walls are very thin and you could hear the tv going all night in the room our headboard was on. I'm a sound sleeper so it didn't bug me, but it was kind of annoying early in the morning. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place over a hotel any day!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2014

As a researcher who's spending the next few months researching about poverty and other matters in this state, allow me say that I have had an enjoyable past week staying here. And intend to do so for a few more weeks. Why? Because as a researcher on a budget, I would be hard pressed to find another place which exhibits the high standards I've encountered here: perfect quiet, peace, and attentive staff. Mr. Mo, the manager, has been excellent in answering all of my questions. Both he and the owner never hesitated whenever I needed anything. The internet signal is perfection - which is a major plus for me as I've stayed at larger hotels which professed to have internet and would merely have two or three bars at best. Not here - it's lightning speed. The TV is new and the room while 70ish is perfectly clean and everything is refreshingly clean. I never have to worry about safety and it's wonderful to be in Blaine, a charming lil town in and of itself.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business