“Danke Schoen”
Review of Europa Restaurant

Europa Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I think this place is fantastic. It is in an area that is not quite Covington and Not quite Maple Valley, but has a Black Diamond address!! Go figure...

The restaurant is very clean and smallish with a rustic lodge type feel. The authentic German beers are right up front behind the counter as you enter the restaurant. I loved the entrance, as it reminded me of several Gasthaus’ I visited in Germany years back.

The waitress quickly seated us and came right back for drink order. I ordered a dark lager beer called Dunkel, and it was served a bit under room temperature in a tall stein mug. Tasty

Since this was my first time, it was Wiener Schnitzel or go home! I opted for the sandwich style that was served with 2 patties accompanied by fresh tomato, onion and cucumber relish with tasty sauce on crusty artisan bun. On the side was a German style Potato salad which was very good.

Wife went with the Reuben sandwich was served classic on a fresh marble Rye, meat and the right amount of Kraut. She also had the potato salad.

After dinner, I was about ready to pay the bill and I overheard the waitress talking to another table about the “Homemade” German Chocolate Cake!!! Yep, go ahead and add a slice for the road. Very tasty with a glass of milk. Wanted to get the streudel, but sadly she said it was not made in haus.

I really enjoyed this restaurant. I read other reviews and I believe if you are someone who likes German Food, you will really like this restaurant. I have met many of people who just plain don’t like the fare and they would probably show up here and not be impressed... those folks maybe stick to other European Restaurants like: Olive Garden ect...

1  Thank KirbyandJenny

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Took my mom to Europa for dinner. She ordered a beer and it was enormous! The food was brown and delicious. Schnitzel and spatzel. Yum! Family run business. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We really want to like this place. We enjoy the comfort food served but we just can’t get past the salt. We feel like we are thirsty for two days after eating here. The atmosphere is nice and the food is tasty. Just beware if you have health issues that call for low sodium. I do not have such health issues and don’t eat low sodium so the fact that I am saying this should give an idea.
We really want them to succeed so hope they might take this in consideration. If we visit again and find a different outcome I will update our review.

1  Thank wltravelin
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Really did not know what to expect, but honestly I was thinking "Hof Brau" when our friend said he was taking us to a German restaurant. It's definitely a smallish, family-run joint, and the decor is heavy on the DAP (dead animal parts). But...wow. I woke up the morning after our meal thinking, Dang but that was some good red cabbage and potato salad. How often does that happen?! Serioulsy, the spatzel, the red cabbage, the sauerkraut, the cucumber salad...the sides were very good. Portions were large but not unreasonable. Haha, and the beer comes in liter steins! Not in a fancy way at all, but in a completely down-home, honest German food way. Cannot wait to go here again!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

One of my college daughter's regular stops, on my last visit north/ we had early Sunday dinner. Owner was charming and welcoming, the place was jammed before 6PM on a Sunday night. The food was excellent [I have lived in Italy] Bella Storia!