“Mindport, well worth the $$” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 76 things to do in Bellingham
BC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mindport, well worth the $$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

Went there with our 2 kids (7 & 11) It's like a mini Science World. We had a great time! Spent a couple of hours there looking at and playing with everything. The lady there was great. She came by and explained how to operate the machines, and encouraged our kids to explore and touch just about all the displays. Would definitely recommend this if you haven't been before. Like the other reviewer said, times that they are open is a bit wonky. We showed up when they were supposed to be open (1:00) to see a sign that said "Closed for meeting will open at 2:00"

Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Unique place, $2 admission”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2008

Very unusual place, a combination of science museum, childrens museum, and art......

Admission is $2 per person.
Limited hours (not open Monday or Tuesday).

Belligham, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Creativity And Awaken The Senses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

My brother and his daughter recently visited me from Portland. I wanted my niece to have a good time while she was visiting. Mindport came as a thought of one destination on our list of fun, exciting, and out of the ordinary items to do on her trip.
Mindport creates an atmosphere that is touch, smell, hear and feel at this hands-on discovery museum. Exhibits consist of common day objects, many found at local recking yards. We listened to ourselves speaking backwards; watched a styrophome peanut make its way through intricate tubing on the ceiling; explored the properties of static electricity; and got dizzy with 3-D demonstrations.
Seeing the expressions my niece made that day will stay with me in my memories. She had a blast while learning, literally HANDS ON. Next time your up in Bellingham touring around and looking for a place to take a child, consider Mindport. The cost was free and worth it. Even I had fun, and I'm an adult

3 Thank HIC