“Great bookstore, even better little cafe w/ music!”
Review of Village Books

Village Books
Ranked #1 of 21 Shopping in Bellingham
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was killing time waiting for a ride when I stumbled into the book store, and wound up staying over an hour! Great displays and selection with attentive staff. I noticed awesome live music coming from the upstairs, so I headed up and discovered the cafe area and the trio that plays there Wednesdays from 5-7. Bought a great lavender lemonade and settled in to enjoy the music for another half hour. Love it!

1  Thank Angela K

Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife has been going to Village Books for years and years. Great selection and really well displayed. They have an entire kids deprtment.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We found the Fairhaven section of Bellingham a must visit while in the area. Shops, hotels, and restaurants were all quite quaint and intriguing. The bookstore fits this description to a T. We enjoyed the selection of books, the organization, the café, and the use of a couple of their IPads. While hardly the big box bookstores like Barnes etc, this shop has knowledgeable staff and a solid selection of books you will want to read. Take some time at this bookstore, then walk down to the walking trail at the bottom of the hill to enjoy a mile of the most lovely walking on a jetty running along the shore into a lovely park. Enjoy your new book with a cup of coffee at the coffee shop at the end of the jetty walk, while watching the boats, the sea otters, and the waters. It made for a perfect morning for my wife and myself last week.

Reviewed 20 October 2009

Overpriced, a small selection limited in what seems to be every category, and a very dedicated local following. I have never gotten it. I've walked countless bookstores, all superior to this one....what's the big deal.

3  Thank steve9631
Reviewed 19 November 2007

There are so few independent bookstores in our home city that visiting
a store like Village Books is a breath of fresh air. The staff are helpful and the books are beautifully displayed. New books and used books share the same shelves, and are colour-coded as such. We particularly like the Book Groups section near the main entrance. The cafe is good too, with great views over Harris Bay.