“Consistently Good”
Review of Pepper Sisters

Pepper Sisters
Ranked #65 of 471 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Southwestern
Description: Where New Mexico meets the Pacific Northwest, enjoy the earthy, warm flavors of the American Southwest. A local favorite, Pepper Sisters has been rocking the house since 1988, serving scratch-made, traditional and interpretive foods of this unique regional cuisine.
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This is a Bellingham staple and the fact that it is always busy testifies to its tastiness. My only desire is that the menu change a bit more. What few dishes they make are great, but a wider variety would be even better.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

The food is unique,organic,fun,modern and delicious. Don't ignore the flame next to the dish, it is some spicy food! I had the pinky blue, it was great. My husband had something that came with pasole (hominy) and I ate most of his. I suggest saving the soapapillas for last to cool your mouth off. I wish I had!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

My daughter and I found Pepper Sisters from the reviews posted here and went. Pepper Sister was over rated in my opinion. The rear of the restaurant had an kind of artsy atmosphere but the front needs work especially the tables by the windows. The service was ok but nothing special. They were friendly. The prices are good. This restaurant obviously appealed to families and there were a lot of them in there. The food was average and nothing to write home about. I had the Quesadilla and my daughter the Salmon Special. We both thought our dishes were just alright. My Quesadilla lacked condiments like salsa and sour cream and was a bit dry. The bread with the honey butter is a nice touch though. I do not think we will go again the food simply does not make me want too. Sorry.

1  Thank Forknknife
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Had dinner here after seeing the recommendations here on TA and on other sites. The food was both delicious and surprising. Mashed potato chile rellenos with smoked mozzarella tasted unlike anything I had ever eaten and I can't get them off my mind. The roasted yam tacos were almost as good and again had a fresh and unexpected flavour. The hot bread with honey butter that comes with your meal was a "little bit of heaven" according to our server and she was right. My only regret was that since I ate all the bread that was meant for two people as well as my entree, I had no room for the homemade pumpkin ice cream that was on the specials board that night.

We had a 15 minute wait in the lounge for a table but it was a funky and comfortable spot so we didn't mind. The service was personal and attentive.

As others have said here, if you want some amazingly good, fresh southwestern style food, go to Pepper Sisters. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Don't let the first look at this place turn you away. It looks a little "tired" in my opinion. Never mind that, just go and sit down. Good, friendly, staff will greet you, and they will bring you excellent food.

We'll be back in Bellingham in the spring, which is when we'll have our second visit to the Pepper Sisters! Enjoy, we did.