“tasty affordable food in a unique setting”

Skylarks Hidden Cafe
Ranked #20 of 483 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If in Bellingham, gotta to go to Skylarks in Fairhaven. Service was great, food was outstanding (and a great value) and the setting is awesome. The wood interior and decor reminds one of an restaurant/bar in the good ole days. My wife and I had mac and cheese for $10 a piece; can't beat that. The fish was good as well. Location is great if you wish to walk around before or after your meal and visit some of the nearby shops. We saw a family eating dinner that had small kids and they were being well taken care of by the wait staff.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

They provide gluten free bread for sandwich however the cook burned the bottom side of my sandwich and then I received it cold. I didn't have the time to send it back so I ate what I could on the unburned side.
The service was slow and poor. One person in our party received her hot apple cider after her meal was almost eaten.
The café is a quaint location however I would NOT eat here again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Meh. Appetizer order got mixed up, a dish was left off the main order, the seats are uncomfortable and both my partner and I have upset stomachs after eating the clam chowder (with stale baguette). Our first visit will also be our last. So many better food options around the area.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Besides illness we were seated near the kitchen where it sounded like the staff were having a party....no waitress showed up so we moved ourselves outside, away from the party. Oh they served the Chardonnay warm..really people.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Went with some friends with small child, looking for calm and quiet and found it downstairs at Skylark. Service attentive, not pushy but helpful and friendly. Food was pretty straightforward and mixed in quality - i like the rockfish burger with Thai peanut sauce (not very spicy but some good flavor) but the accompanying fries were heavy, thick, and not crisp. Caesar salad was heavy also, big croutons, lots of dressing, and lots of parm. Others thought the fish and chips were mediocre, but by report the GF pasta with romesco sauce was a winner. A passable dinner, in a quiet environment