All reviews waffles book store village books walking trails bay view farmers market bay trail fresh baked cookies fair haven gas fireplace restaurants and shops coffee and tea perfect location within walking distance historic district small balcony amtrak station
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My stay at Fairhaven Village Inn was fantastic! Location is perfect relative to train station, restaurants, and shops. My room had a great view of the bay and was quiet. Amenities were spot on including free coffee all day in the library, and breakfast in the morning. The staff was extremely helpful with my requests and pleasant to talk to. I will definitely revisit Fairhaven Village Inn when I return to Bellingham next. Thank you for the great experience!

Room tip: Second or third floor with bay views
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Loved this cozy, easy to relax in, beautiful place. Our room had a balcony and a gas fireplace which we made great use of. Breakfast was simple, but good and appreciated and the coffee was surprisingly delicious! Loved sitting by the fireplace in the Library and sipping our morning coffee before breakfast. A great experience overall.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2017

My husband and I stayed at he Fairhaven Village Inn for 3 nights. The property is right in Fairhaven Village, walkable to all the cute shops & restaurants as well as the waterfront park & walking path. The property is quiet, beautiful and spotless. Breakfast each morning was low key and there was good coffee and plenty of food options. We will return here on our next trip.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We stayed for three nights while visiting Bellingham. The room we stayed in overlooked the small park and was fairly quiet; the view looking up the hill at the Fairhaven district and the houses nestled against the hill was nice. Another traveler's review indicated that rooms with bay views were noisy because of the trains. Next time I stay, I'll probably try the bay side specifically for the views. The staff were very friendly, from check-in through check-out. Free WiFi is available. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel offers a free, fairly standard continental breakfast (yogurt, cereal, fruit, breads, and made to order waffles) that's a nice way to start the day (if you're a foodie, just keep in mind that the food is more reminiscent of that which you'd find at a Hampton Inn). There is a small parking lot adjacent to the hotel where you may park for free, as a guest. The location is excellent, as you can access the Interurban Trail and the South Bay Trail. The Fairhaven district also offers several restaurants and shops, including two cool bookstores (all within an easy walking distance of the Inn).

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017

My wife and I were going to Bellingham to visit our son and decided to make a night out of the visit. There were a several options but the Fairhaven Village Inn sounded like a treat so we booked the very last room they had for the night. AND WE WERE SO GLAD WE DID! The room was lovely and the attention to details and comfort was impeccable.
When we awoke the next morning we encountered an issue with the shower (this is an older building) but a quick call to the front desk and the staff came up and fixed the problem right away and didn't interrupt our day at all.
I would certainly stay here again, maybe next time in the summer so didn't have to walk around in the rain in Fairhaven (even though they do loan out umbrellas).
Thank you for the great evening..

Date of stay: February 2017