“Excellent hike, beautiful views, watch your steps”
Review of Chain Lakes Loop

Chain Lakes Loop
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We partly completed this beautiful hike with our little children and decided to return once the paths got too icy. Wonderful views though over blue lakes, glaciers and mountains - combined with lush green scenery. The paths were in very good condition, absolutely manageable for our children. Take plenty of water and snacks, there is nothing up there but various all natural Picknick spots on the way. We liked the variations of the hike, you can do round trips by walking wild goose or bagley lakes trail. Memorable vistas of mount baker and surrounding mountains!

1  Thank catherine_cuisine

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Wow--you really can't get better close up and far away vistas than this almost anywhere in the world. Travel down from the Heather Meadows visitor center in an alpine wonderland of lakelets and heather and blueberries to two larger lakelets. Then up over the pass to the chain lakes below. An incredible day! Don't bring you dog.

2  Thank wide-world-traveler
Reviewed 2 January 2017

My husband and I visited from Minnesota in August 2016. The full 6-7 mile hike was challenging for us but so worth it. We brought hiking poles and plenty of water. The was snow that was melting along some parts of the hike, but it was about 70 degrees. There were horseflies that were terrible which surprised me. Other reviews had mentioned the flies and they were completely accurate. The water was blue, the scenery was so beautiful that we are visiting the area again next summer!! Tripadvisor says this is near Bellingham but it is NOT. Its near Mount Baker.

4  Thank LizzyT33
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Take a drive, but stop often to enjoy the views. The mountains are fantastic. Granted, they are not as tall as Mt Rainier, but they are very impressive for sure. The fall foliage was a nice plus for us, but my guess is that any time is a great time for viewing in this area.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This was a complete surprise for me. I headed out for a hike on Mount Baker to get some fresh air and clear my head. This trail was like a blaze of color with amazing views,