The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 143*
Hotels.com
USD 73*
Comfort Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 127*
USD 115*
USD 115*
USD 104*
QualityInn
Best Western Heritage Inn(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 99*
Travelocity
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 154*
SpringHill Suites
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
USD 98*
Travelocity
USD 198*
USD 219*
Preferred Hotels
All reviewswindow seattrain noisebellingham bayview roombay windowsoaking tubgas fireplacehear trainswater viewbeautiful hotelthird floorpacific northwestsan juan islandsfairhaven areaunderground parkingbeautiful roomking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We only had one night at this Hotel...it was LOVELY. We had a wonderful room with a nice spot to get cozy at the Bay Window. The fireplace was nice and toasty and the food and wine was excellent. We were also fortunate enough to have SPA treatments - very relaxing and tranquil.

The Hotel is on the water and offers a lovely view...the only unfavourable comment I would have to make is the trains are quite load and they go by frequently.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute after spending the day in Bellingham and Fairhaven. We got a very reasonable rate on one of their Deluxe King Side rooms. The room and the view were spectacular. Very spacious and we loved the fireplace, King canopy bed, soaker tub, and rock wall shower. Breakfast was great as well! Very romantic getaway. As other's have said, the trains started at about 10 PM and went hourly all night, but they didn't really bother us. In fact, we found it added to the character of this historical area.

Room Tip: If you are worried about the trains, simply ask for one of the rooms furthest from the tracks.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CelticKim
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Booked this for a birthday celebration - the west facing room was impressive - panoramic view of the Puget Sound from the room. I would say it is a luxury class room/inn with details like fireplace with remote control and window seats were beautiful. Lobby is cozy and luxurious, very nice first impressions. However, the ear plugs on the bed stand should have been our first clue that it wouldn't be a serene night. The trains started around 10 or 11 PM and continued for what seemed hourly (seemed like more) and continued all night. The tracks are so close that the vibration and sound was beyond belief. Sad to not be returning because the Inn and spa is a great home-base for activities in the area and are very very nice, except for that.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PugetSoundGirl
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I booked the luxury corner suite and couples rhassoul spa package for my husband and myself for his Christmas gift. Upon arrival, we were greeted very warmly and chose our "scent" for the spa experience. (This is the essential oil that they add to your steam sauna, etc). I bought a bottle to take home, it was so soothing. I really like the fact that they ask how you would like your spa experience to be. For someone who experiences excruciating back problems, so many masseuses try to "fix" me and end up hurting me in the process. From the beginning of the spa package, where you relax with heated shoulder packs and lovely teas to the massage where they actually listen to you and you are given the most amazing massage ever (Thank you Christina, you are wonderful!!!!), the Chrysalis Spa experience is so exquisite. It's truly like stepping into another world.

The luxury corner suite is gorgeous. I love the window seat which overlooks the water and the two person jetted tub. Very relaxing. We enjoyed the fact that they offered comcast on demand (how many hotels offer movies on demand and you only have to pay 4.99 and not overcharge by charging $17 or more?) and were able to watch some favorite shows without having to channel surf. Room service was perfection. Fino, the hotel restaurant is a European flavor and we shared the salmon (it melted in your mouth!!) and antipasto along with a dessert sampler. We had the bottle of Italian chardonnay from the service bar and it was wonderful. I'll be buying that one for home! Our room service attendant was very pleasant and had our meal delivered in under 25 minutes. (Note: parking is also complimentary in the underground garage and there is plenty of street parking too.)

Love, love, love this place and can't wait to book it again and again!!

From

Room Tip: I'm not sure if the street side are quieter from the passing trains. The hotel does provide disposable ear plugs, but if you have noise cancelling headphones and train sounds bother you, you might want to bring them. Most noises...snoring, fans, dogs, horns, etc bother me. For some reason, I'm thinking that it's because I was so happy with the spa and service, that the trains lulled me to sleep this time.
3  Thank klynnega
Reviewed 26 December 2011

When I work in Seattle, we like to get away on the weekends and one of our favorite places to go is the Chrysalis Inn in Bellingham. We've been going here for years and the experience has always been positive.
The hotel is on Bellingham Bay with perfect views of the water and distant islands. The architecture is very beautiful with a three story foyer. Parking is in a secure underground area and there is no parking charge. Internet is also free, as it should be everywhere.
The rooms are elegant with very comfortable beds, a large two person tub, and a fireplace. The best feature of the room might be the window seat which is big enough to lay on and just stare out the window.
The only thing that is a little odd about the room is the shoji screens that separate the bathroom from the rest of the room. Using the toilet requires closing them and then the bathroom door, so the only recommendation I would make is to enclose the toilet which would be easy to do. There is also a large shower for those that don't like nice big bathtubs.
Breakfast is included at the Fino and we had scrambled eggs with cheese which was very good, breakfast potatoes, and a nice selection of breads and fruit served buffet style.
If you love trains, you will really love the Chrysalis. The main line for BNSF goes right behind the hotel and several times a day or night you are treated to perfect views of the Amtrak Cascade or freight trains. I know that there are some people who don't like the associated noise but the hotel does provide ear plugs if you aren't fascinated by trains like I am.
The only negative comment would be the front desk people who consistantly seem either arrogant or slightly rude. We called early to see if we could check in early and were met with a response about how busy they were the previous night without checking to see if our room was actually available. They promised to call if and when it was ready.
We arrived about two o'clock and asked if we could check in and before the girl even looked to see if our room was ready she told us that check in was at 4PM. We know that, but was our room ready? It turned out that it was and we happily checked in, but perhaps a little training on politeness would be nice, or making that promised phone call when the room is ready would be great. This has happened on more than one time while staying here.
We haven't eaten at Fino for dinner recently so I can't comment on that, but Anthony's is nearby which is a nice place to eat if you are lucky enough to have a good wait person, or Silver Creek Casino's Steak House is really amazing if you are up for a 15 mile drive.
Chrysalis is definitely worth the drive up from Seattle and makes a great weekend getaway.