“Toddler unfriendly”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2018

If you have babies or toddlers do not visit this restaurant. I used to come to the Restaurant before we had our son. However, after my experience last Sunday I never will go back. Our son is 19 month old and fights nap like Hercules. He also does not like to sit in High Chairs for long amount of times. Therefore, we decided to take my parents to the restaurant timing it with his nap time. I walked up and down the street with him in his stroller for 30 minutes until he finally fell asleep. Once he sleeps he can sleep through everything and we took him sleeping in his stroller to restaurants before. After all that work I was so disappointed when the waiter told me we could not bring the stroller inside the restaurant, which meant I had to wake up my son. I talked to management and pleated, explaining our situation. It was Super ball Sunday at 2 PM and the restaurant was almost empty. The manager explained that sleeping babies in strollers are not allowed, as they serve hot food and food might be spilled on the baby. I asked for an end table in a Section of the restaurant were no other guest were present, pointing out that nobody would walk over there. I also wonder what happens with baby in car seats or in High Chairs if it is that incredible dangerous. Management was super unfriendly and we had to leave the restaurant and wake my sleeping baby.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Just moved here from Texas and I thought for sure I would find better Korean food. Have to say my Texas Koreans at OMI have better dishes. Service was not good. They have so many signs on the door stating all the things they don't allow that it's off putting. Kalbi did not have enough flavor. Most people around us were having Korean soups or hot pots. Going to look for another place. I would say it's a C-.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Came here for the first time during lunch hours. This place does not have a warm service at all, even when the customer wanted to be friendly. The price is not cheap either. Lunch special with water total with 20% tip is 20 bucks. They don't have the soft tofu seafood soup as part of the lunch combo special. I may not come back for awhile. It's okay. I've had better Korean food and service elsewhere. Yelp rating for this place is 3 stars. A very fair assessment.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Difficult to find a menu and call in an order. Might be better if you sit down. Food was average and wouldn't highly recommend. If you are in area and need something, it is edible.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I'm confused on how they have such a high rating? Have you seen their Yelp reviews?? Service is Terrible and the food is absolutely disgusting!! Again, Service is Horrible! We are a family of 5 that has been going here for years until today. Ever since the new owners came in everything has been going down hill!!! Please think twice and read Yelp reviews!

Been to Southgate Garden? Share your experiences!