All reviews breakfast buffet first floor comfortable beds close to downtown nice stay free shuttle wi fi front desk staff yogurt easy access convenient location seattle freeway microwave convention
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Stayed for a weekend and except for one glitch, I would say that this hotel good for a short term stay. It is near the freeway so ask for rooms behind the front of the hotel. Parking is plentiful but they charge 9.95 a day. This is a two floor hotel and there is no elevator in the buildings. I was suprised at how big the room was. The wifi worked fine and there are plenty of tv stations including HBO. The fridge in the room was a bit noisy and probably needs replacing and it looked like it had not been defrosted for a while. Check in was efficient. They take a $40 hold on a credit card.
The only glitch I experienced was that there was a blood stain on the duvet cover on the bed. When I called down to the front office, I was told I had to wait to get the cover replaced. Staff seems to be a minimum during the evenings and on the weekends. They did, however, send a sheet up after about 15 minutes and having to have called again to request it. Strangely enough, there was no offer to remake the bed and the next day after housekeeping showed up, they did not put the cover onto the bed either. Luckily there was a bottom sheet under the duvet and I slept with the duvet without the cover. Would I stay there again? If I were to be able to get another Groupon, I would. If I had to pay regular price? I probably would seek a hotel somewhere else in the vicinity for the same price if I were to want to shop in Bellevue again. You basically have to drive to get around from this hotel.

Room tip: The buildings in the back of the property if you want to stay away from the noise of the freeway.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HeatherM5484, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback.

I am so sorry that there was a stain on your sheet. That should not happen. We do not actually have duvet covers. We used a "triple" sheet method, which is a bottom fitted sheet, then a sheet on top of and underneath the comforter. Our housekeeping staff works primarily during the day, and we are fully staffed on weekends, but there are fewer housekeeping personnel in the evening. However, there is someone here 24 hours a day to provide housekeeping services, and that person who delivered the new sheet absolutely should have re-made the bed. We have addressed this issue with all of our evening housekeeping staff.

I am not sure what happened the next day with housekeeping. With occupied rooms, staff use there judgement to decide what to touch and what to leave alone. My guess is the housekeeper did not think you wanted the bed re-made for some reason. She may have thought you just had asked for an extra sheet and was not sure how you wanted it. It is hard to say without seeing exactly how things looked in the room, etc. However, we always encourage guests to communicate with us so we can give them what they need. If you call and let us know, we will definitely get it fixed.

We do hope you decide to visit again. I think you will find when you shop for other hotels that we provide an excellent value int he area and we do pride ourselves in offering clean rooms and wonderful service.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Not with warm welcoming and supporting room service. Yet the coffee is with quality. No breakfast included. Needs to pay additional parking fee. Inconsistent information. Not knowledgeable front desk.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is hard to respond to this without knowing more information. I am sorry if you felt information was not communicated effectively. We understand that is very important. We always recommend checking with the hotel directly if you have questions, Sometimes it is hard to find information online.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Once again the shower curtains reeked! I did mention this to the person at the front desk. This is not the first time we have felt this way...probably the 3rd or 4th stay where this has been a problem. Apart from this we find if a quiet, convenient and comfortable place to stay although not quite as inexpensive as it used to be and now they charge for parking as well!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the feedback. We do our own laundry here at the hotel and clean the shower curtains regularly- as well as replacing the liners. I am so sorry that yours smelled- and that this had happened before. That really is not an issue that has been reported by guests in the past. Thank you for mentioning at the front desk and we did have housekeeping take care of the shower curtain in your room. I have also asked the housekeeping staff to look into how the shower curtains are being handled to make sure we are not leaving or putting curtains that smell bad into our rooms.

We do charge for parking since early 2017. It is $9, which you will find is on the lower side for hotels on the west side of 405. Parking has gotten to be valuable in the area and we have found if we do not charge that sometimes non guests "squat" in our lot, then there is not enough spaces for our guests.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

A great little spot to stop easy access of Interstate. very nice breakfast helpful, friendly staff. rooms are large comfortable and quiet with black out curtains- tho I really enjoyed all the light - windows are large

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We hope you visit again soon. we would love to have you.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

The hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. They answered all my questions with out any complaints. We enjoyed having a convenient restaurant on the premises. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Seattle!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your comments! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come visit again the next time you are in the area.