See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2009

This might be long but I want to give as honest review as posible. So here it is...
I should start off with finding it and checking in. We were really nervous that we would not be able to find where it was but it is right off of the road and really the only thing there for a ways up and down so it was the most simple thing to find in the world which was nice. Once we parked we walked over to the cafe to check in and it was very akward. Everyone turned and staired at us and no one said anything to help us figure out what to do. Finally someone who worked there helped us and we checked in. Although it was kind of unpleasant to deal with them, that comes from staying in a small town sometimes. So we just didnt go into the cafe to avoid other akward moments.
My friend and I are 16 and we stayed here together on a road trip. We thought it was actually really cute and enjoyable to stay at. If you are traveling with a family it might have a different feel, but we had alot of fun. we stayed in a room with t beds which I believe was room #3. The door is really akward to lock and does not feel really safe, so we put a chair against the door for extra protection. It is beaver Washington so its not like there is a ton of crime but you never know. so that would be something to take into consideration if staying in that room. The room was adorable and very small town. For just us it was a comfortable size and had everything we needed. The Televsion would not let us to anything to it. It stuck itself on one channel and would not let us change the volume with the remote. That was very annoying, but it was on comedy and we didnt really plan on watching much tv so it was ok. The room was clean as a whole but there were dead bugs in the shower which would have been easy to clean off and that was pretty gross. Actually the shower all together was a pretty unpleasant experience. It got the job done though I suppose. the beds were more comfortable than alot of other places I have stayed but really you get what you pay for. I plan on taking the same trip i took again next summer and will be staying there again. If you are not high maintenance then this is a really cute and unique place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jordanmichelle
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We stayed in room #5 with the kitchen for 5 nights in July. This must be the same room that the Utah folks checked in to in the prior review. I was with my Mother, Wife, And 2 teenage kids. My wife found the same spider webs. There were 2 spiders in bedroom. I'm no Spiderologist but I don't think that they were black widows. I simply took a stick and took care of the problem. This is a cabin in the country. These things happen. The microwave worked although it could have used a cleaning. The overall theme was rustic with a couple of modern touches (Direct TV, full size refrigerator, microwave). For the price, we thought that it was well worth a few minor flaws. The fellow that cleaned our room was the owner I believe. He was a very nice guy. Super helpful with anything we asked about.
We are the type of people that don't spend a lot of time in our room. We were looking for a place to sleep that had a kitchen so that we could save money on food. If this is you, I think you'll like the Bear Creek Motel just fine.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 13 July 2008

This 'hotel' is a chain of cabins. We arrived in the after noon and checked in. The cabin smelled musty and was very hot. Everything looked okay, except there were cob webs everywhere. We went to see the sights and got back at night. That was when we started looking a little more closely. There were not just cobwebs but spider webs. It turns out upon closer inspection the cabin was full of black widows- no doubts about it. The microwave did not work, the futon was dirty, and the dishes may never have been washed. After seeing the black widows, at least one nest over each bed, we ended up driving an hour back to Port Angeles to another hotel. When contacted, the owner made no offer to discount the room rate, and even denied that the hotel has black widows. Based on this, I am sure they have never sprayed, and never will spray, so stay here at your own risk and with good health insurance.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank elshad
Reviewed 19 December 2004

It's hard to know where to begin. We had made reservations at the Hungry Bear after seeing their nice WEB page. It looked inviting! Well, were we ever surprised! The property is on highway 101 and is probably nice to see in the daylight. Unfortunately, we arrived at dusk and the cabins were very dark and deserted. We went to the Cafe to check in and found them decorating for Halloween. Nice, family place. After we received our room key, we proceeded to the dark cabin area and found ours. Oh, my. There were cobwebs everywhere, a broken hot water faucet in the sink (the hot water had been turned off under the sink), dim lighting, curtains that really didn't cover the windows and very filthy carpet. We really were afraid to put anything on the floor. The traffic on 101 slowed down around 11PM and resumed around 6AM, and it was pretty noisy. Also, since we were the only ones in a room, it seemed very isolated and rather frightening. This place would probably be great for guys on a fishing or hunting trip, but I would not recommend it for a family. Unfortunately, in this area of Washington, there aren't very many palces to stay. I'd avoid staying at this one if possible. The food may be OK...we only had coffee.

Date of stay: October 2004