“Quick, Good Eats”
Review of Jake's Pickup

Jake's Pickup
Price range: USD 4 - USD 16
Cuisines: Barbecue, Deli, Fast food
Description: Mostly Organic "Grab 'n Go" food in the beautifully renovated Hungry Bear Market at the Chevron! We're revolutionizing gas station food with quality convenient meals made by a fine dining chef.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is a 'restaurant' inside a local gas station/mini-mart. It's basically a sandwich counter but don't think Subway - this is all homemade southern type cooking such as pulled pork sandwiches with slaw (but don't try to eat them with your hands!), as well as burgers, sales and on Saturdays hand made cinnamon rolls.
Tables and even outside seating are available, or of course take it to-go.
Jake makes a pretty good meal...

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Tasty, natural food. Jake makes his own bread daily which helped make my tuna sandwich incredibly good.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Located at a gas station one might have concerns....don't be fooled. A very sophisticated palate...a great range of flavors and a very complete menu. Among the best food on Bainbridge.

2  Thank Marcojean13
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The reviews were dead on. We had planned on stopping here to get lunch on the way to Mt. Olympus. We got there early so they were still preparing lunch. The pulled pork was not available so we both got the Ahi Tuna Fish and some baked goods. Excellent flavor! I also got the last two Sconenuts which were very tasty. Everything hit the spot! Great choice for day trippers!

1  Thank Sasquatch78
Reviewed 25 June 2017

After finding that Jake was a BAMA grad, we were immediately drawn to his place, as we are, too!. However, when we ate his food, we realized we should have been drawn by our appetites! My Cloud Bread Sammy (Gluten-free) of eggs, bacon, cheese and basil mayo, was close to the best thing I have ever had for breakfast! I have traveled, literally, a great deal of the world, and this stuff is Heavenly! My lovely daughter had the Pork (pulled, BBQ'd pork), egg, cheese Sammy, not GF, and she loved it. My wife, also lovely, had the Sammy with bacon, eggs, and cheese, and of course, the world-class basil mayo. We all LOVED our breakfasts. The coffee, cappuccino, and Latte that we had were also wonderful. Jake himself was very friendly, helpful, and nice. Very important to Southerners! If I lived on Bainbridge Island, I'd be there daily! I guess you have figured out by now we LOVED it! The frittatas looked great, too, but we were too full. Maybe tomorrow... RTR!

1  Thank Bumblebeecreek