“Best Italian Food on Bainbridge”
Review of Via Rosa 11

Via Rosa 11
Price range: USD 3 - USD 13
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2017

This place rocks. Whether you eat in or take out, you can't go wrong. Pino makes authentic sauces and dishes, and while the place is not fancy, it has a great vibe. The food is delicious and the staff super friendly. Nice wine selection and an assortment of real Italian products for your own cooking at home, round out the place.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Fun, casual dining experience, especially in the summer when you can eat outside (and quadruples the seating!) Mostly this place is for take-out as it is very small. If you have the chance to dine in--go for it! Very specialized wine selections and informative staff to help make your selection. Family owned and operated--the personalized service is superb! The roasted beet ravioli was exceptional. The Sausage and Pepper pizza was good. Prices seemed a bit high for the fare, but the fresh, authentic flavors definitely are worth it. Small cork fee to enjoy the "to go" wine is well worth it, too.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are here. The order at counter and sit wherever is fine when available and it was nice to eat outside.
I ordered pasta with Bolognese and she ordered pasta aglio e olio. The pasta is top notch. My sauce was a bit bland and hers was over the top spicy!
We've both had this dish in many places around the states and in Italy. This one was fire!
We shared a nice fresh burrata salad which was awesome.
Overall, I love the place, the food is pretty good, but for the price point I don't think we will be regular visitors.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Via Rosa little spot out by the "nowhere" part of Bainbridge Island can hold its' own with many other, larger, more established Italian restaurants and markets. We love their pasta because it is so fresh. Their sauces are also ideal for starters in pasta dishes or just on their own.

Friendly people, great food, rustic (no frills at all) atmosphere. Never ever had a bad experience.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We live a mile away so the convenience is great, and the food is quite good. Seating is limited so there's often a wait. There's nor real table service, you order at the counter, or call in for take-out. That's fine, but the prices are akin to those in a full service restaurant. And I'll say, as constructive criticism, they need to improve the management. We recently called in a simple order (spaghetti and meatballs) and were told 15 minutes, so I got there in 15 minutes and stood waiting for another 20.
I think this is a family run business and they're working hard and getting out some good food. And they seem busy, so maybe my opinion is in the minority. But I'd love to see the operation tuned up so they continue to do a lot of business.

Date of visit: August 2017