All reviews up to date bottom floor front desk manager bit dated beds were very comfortable three nights visiting seattle remodeling starbucks
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

This was the first time , and the location of the hotel is conveniently located and easy to get to the downtown area as well as restaurants, shops and attractions. The staff is very friendly and willing to please. The rooms are quite large and bright, and the beds very comfortable. I recommend this hotel as one to stay in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Emma A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good Morning,

I am so sorry that I haven't responded to your review sooner.

We all thank you so much for taking the time to write this and you are absolutely correct about the location. All the staff enjoy the convenience of the shops and restaurants, that and only a 35 minute ride on a ferry to get into Seattle.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Booking from the road was a nightmare as the Quality Booking site was down and the telephone reservations were awkward. No confirmation email as promised, no receipt when we checked in. Price charged was not per quote, but night manager didn't care... I asked for an updated room as we learned via Trip Advisor that the hotel was undergoing reservations. Assume our request was not honored as staff would not answer me when I asked if we had been given upgraded room. Walls were dinged, furniture was terrible. Bed was broken (I slept at an angle all night). Carpet was old and had spills on it. Bathroom signs of mold and rust, old linoleum floor. Bathroom fan was broken; it rattled when light was on so we woke each other when using the bathroom in the middle of the night. Toilet whined when flushed and then ran for at least a minute. Housekeeping was mediocre. Outdoor pool looked dirty, promised hot tub not working. Breakfast mediocre at best. 15-day road trip and this was the most expensive and worst room we had on the entire trip. Room looked out on fence 2 feet away. Quality Inns need to monitor their hotels better if they want to get our business any longer. Systems still down, so we left with a promise of an adjustment from the day manager, and no receipt. After 2 days, I got an Email receipt. They did take $50 off our room, but it still felt like a horrible deal.

Room Tip: Don't book until all rooms have been upgraded.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank not-naturally-red
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This hotel is not worth your time if you are hoping for a nice relaxing stay on Bainbridge. Tara is the rudest most inept hotel manager I've ever dealt with. She was not able to reserve a room for me and eventually became so confused that she told me to call back for another manager and hung up on me!
There are so many cute boutique hotels to stay, don't bother with this one. We easily found a much nicer hotel with staff that was polite and knowledgeable - try Marshall Suites or the GuestHouse Inn in Poulsbo!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I checked in to my room, which had an odd smell. I went to wash my hands and there was a bar of soap on the counter - not wrapped up - it didn't look used. But then when I went to turn on the water, there was a huge spider - probably 2" big - in the sink. I was out of there...went back to the front desk and they put me in a room on the 2nd floor. In the bedroom, there was no TV. ??? Everything was old and sorry-looking. This room also smelled weird. I was never so happy to check out. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Worst experience in a hotel in a long time.

Room Tip: 1st floor; otherwise, you'll have to lug your suitcase up the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann B
Emma A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Good Afternoon Ann,

On behalf of our entire team, I apologize for not meeting up to your standards.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I booked when they were listed under their former name, Island Country Inn, and had some confusion finding it with the Quality Inn & Suites banner. The front desk person had seen me driving back and forth and then parked nearby when I called.

My stay was three nights, having arrived from Florida at rush hour on a Friday. I was quite tired after unpacking and realized I was lacking soap and a bath mat towel. Rather than deal with that I fell into the comfortable king size bed and received all the items I needed the next morning when I enjoyed their excellent breakfast.

The front desk manager, Emma Anderson, gave me some wonderful suggestions on spending my free Saturday. I followed her advise and it was golden!

Then when I returned to my room, the housekeeping staff had gone out of their way to do an excellent job, leaving me more soap and towels. I’m very impressed and will book here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dendawn
Emma A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

It was a pleasure having you stay here with us Dawn, happy that your time on the island was all it could be.
We all hope to see you again soon. Thank you, also, for taking the time to write this wonderful review.