“Alfresco with French Flair”
Review of Restaurant Marche

Restaurant Marche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Excellent food and service hidden behind the main strip of Bainbridge village. Great entrees (the mussels were killer) and the warm chocolate cake heavenly.

1  Thank Leonard L

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed an evening meal here with friends from out of town. Our first visit. We were delighted the corkage fee was free on bottles from vineyards on the island. Service was attentive and food was delicious! We enjoyed chatting with the owners and it made for a great dining experience overall. A definite must!

1  Thank Airbear777
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We spent our first anniversary dinner with the Atkinsons at their casual French restaurant. Yes, they own it and we were customers, but it felt like family- a caring functional one that cares about great food. I had duck that was better than Paris. I'm not waiting another year to go again.

2  Thank AnnaPhelps
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Greg Atkinson is a legendary chef and this location is very low key but convenient. the ambience is as good as the food, and you can watch the chefs in the kitchen depending on where you sit. very walkable in winslow or from the ferry.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The entire experience at Marche is OUTSTANDING!

My husband and I ordered the chef's tasting menu. Everything was delicious! The two stand outs were the beef steak and strawberry dessert. The beef steak didn't need special cutlery, it was that soft and tender. The sauce was a reduction from the bones of the same animal. The steak sauce was divine! Bainbridge Island is known for it's strawberries. The dessert with strawberry sorbet, meringue and fresh strawberries was the best berry dish I've ever eaten! Chef accommodated my wheat intolerance with a gluten free menu. I did sneak a tiny bite from my husband's bread. The bread at Marche is house made and excellent. The crust is crispy and the inside is light and airy.

Brennan, our server, was a delight! She was so sweet and attentive.

The interior is lovely with contemporary style.

We sat at the bar to watch the kitchen team work. In addition to the normal heat of a kitchen, Marche also has a wood fired oven to add a nice, smokey flavor to foods. All of this adds up to a warm dining experience. We were there in early July. It took a bit for my body to get comfortable with the room temperature. I did sweat at first. Once acclimated, it was mesmerizing to watch the masterful culinary team at work.

1  Thank Cheryl M