See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Please don't let any of their fake 5 star reviews fool you. Cleanliness is a complete bottom priority. We immediately left, you couldn't pay me money to stay here. The batteries (which were exposed) were dead to the key entry. Yellow brownish spots completely covered the bathroom on all walls and cealing. Cigarette burn markings every inch of the sink in a non smoking room. Was given a half used roll of toilet paper to start out with and it wasn't even on the dispenser. The bathroom floor was filthy. Brown stains on walls in the room. One lamp didn't work. The drawers had trash in them. My toddler spilt his water tripping in the door way so I soaked it up with a towel and I turned YELLOW AND BLACK, and he spilt CLEAR water. We moved the end table inbetween the beds to find a spider and a USED, DIRTY seringe! I was itchy from head to toe for a week. When we sat on the bed the sheets slipped off(they didn't fit, 2x too small) to reveal a 2 ft in diameter blood stain in the mattress! I'm a nurse, I knew it was blood. After being there not even an hour, my husband and I were refused a refund and we weren't going to stand there in the snow at a window OUTSIDE the office to argue so we left. I am not over exaggerating on any of these conditions and it truely discusts me to know that anyone could be okay with renting rooms in such appalling conditions to people, let alone families with children! So please management, don't even bother responding to this this with a 'sincere apology.'

• Stayed: March 2014
13  Thank Wyatts_mommy123
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was at this hotel for almost 2 weeks. The only time my room was cleaned was when I requested it. If I wanted clean sheets, I put my dirty linens outside the door and they would hand me clean ones, expecting me to make the bed myself. The pool has been closed the entire time; the continental breakfast consisted of muffins, cereal, and toast. When I requested extra towels, the man bringing them was insistent that I had enough and quite rude about giving me a couple extras.

Room Tip: Get a room in back... It's quieter. A lot of noise travels in from outside easily.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank kensandav
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been staying at the hotel for many years and although it is not luxurious I keep going back because I have found it to be a great value when you just need a place to sleep. I have never seen a roach or worse, bedbugs. There was not much in the way of breakfast, but again, I was not paying $120 for a place to sleep. I love parking near my room and not dragging my lugguge onto an elevator. The staff were quick to bring extra linens. For the money I saved, I was able to spend it on eating at nice restaurants and buying antiques. I have a reservation to go back in October.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground level room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NurseNolte
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I just wanted an inexpensive place to sleep so that I'd be able to drive the second leg of our trip the next day. Thankfully, I was exhausted. The young man at the front desk was really nice, even insisted I go see the room first. Unfortunately, I took a quick peek. I dealt with bed sheets that felt starched, but the bathroom was nasty. The sink & mirror were dirty, towels not stocked, & there were hairs all over the floor. I told my son he was not allowed to take a shower.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AshleyAG
abviwinchesterkb, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear AshelyAG,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned regarding our hotel. Please know that we are now under new management and have recently hired new housekeepers. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Regards,
KB-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Winchester North, VA

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I've stayed here a number of times in the past with no big problems. Good price for
Summit Point track drivers. however the last time I stayed here (2009 I think) I got
bites on my foot that looked exactly like bedbugs. I recall not sleeping well. The breakfast scenario
was kinda strange too with a lady making sure you didn't take anything with you.
I could live with that for the price but with bedbugs? no thanks.
It was a Shoneys Inn when I stayed there.
Hopefully things have improved since then.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank jim p

Dear Jim P,

I am concerned about the bed bug issue you had mentioned. Please know that we do have a licensed pest control company which routinely treats our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,