All reviews cafe provencal quiche williamsburg winery winery tour the gabriel archer tavern provence room european country complimentary tour champagne room furnished with antiques working fireplace wonderful weekend hardwood floors romantic getaway continental breakfast yogurt stayed longer
Reviewed 14 February 2018

This is a nice place, with pleasant service. I can see why it may be a nice option over staying in town in the spring and summer. However, I am not sure we would have chosen it with had we known more. We chose this hotel because it seemed to offer a boutique atmosphere with breakfast. Based on other boutique hotels we've stayed in with a breakfast option, we assumed it would be a nice breakfast. Unfortunately, the breakfast is very mediocre with minimal choices. It definitely wasn't the breakfast we expected from a place charging over $300/night (and definitely not workable if you have gluten or dairy concerns). Saturday morning, we arrived to a bland egg "quiche," melon fruit salad (and not the freshest fruit), an array of commercially available baked items, and a bunch of cereals. None of the usual items one might expect like bacon and plain scrambled eggs. When we mentioned our disappointment, the server told us that "it's a complimentary breakfast," and in the tone that since it was included in our room rate, we shouldn't expect more from the quality. When I asked about gluten free options, she said "we have Cheerios" and somewhat blamed us for not mentioning it when we booked our room or at check in. Really!? Needless to say, we had to paid for a nice breakfast in town both mornings. Next, our room was spacious with a comfy bed but a tiny TV that was impossible to see from the bed. Finally, be careful what room you book/get. This is not a hotel with standardized rooms. Our "shower" was actually a very deep bathtub and we had to climb over a sizable height and width rim to get in and out (not fun when wet). I can't imagine getting that room with young children or anyone with mobility issues. No one mentioned a thing when we booked the room and we booked directly with the hotel. This was definitely an oversight.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Welovetheroad
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Wedmore place is an absolute gem of a hotel… nestled in the middle of the Williamsburg Winery property, you will be able to lose yourself in a European getaway that’s less than 10 minutes from downtown Williamsburg, VA.

We stayed here for our wedding and were fortunate to see most of the hotel as our wedding party booked it out on the night of our event. Each room is unique in its decor but all are well-appointed with luxury amenities and come with a free wine tour and tasting next door.

Their complimentary breakfast at Cafe Provencal is to die for- don’t pass up the chocolate croissants… or the regular ones for that matter. Dinner there is wonderful as well. After you’re done I highly recommend enjoying a glass of wine in their amazing library as you unwind for the evening.

Pete, the manager, along with Hannah, Jeff, Barb, and the rest of the front desk team are absolutely marvelous and will stop at nothing to ensure your stay is perfect.

We plan on spending as many anniversaries as we can (and probably some other occasions too) at the Wedmore… and why not- you feel like you’re staying in a castle and you’re treated like royalty!

Room Tip: If you're staying with the kiddos make sure you request a room with a pull-out couch or get a roll-away as all rooms have a single king bed.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed at Wedmore Place over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was a mini-vacation where me met a couple of other family members. We had a great time at Wedmore. Every staff member seemed devoted to ensuring that guests had a lovely stay. Our rooms were so nice--and so clean. The included breakfast is just so decadent--being served in the beautiful dining room all the fresh and delicious breakfast foods, such as fresh melon, quiche, and French pastries. I hated to leave and hope to return someday.

Room Tip: The staff is happy to lay a fire for you in your in-room fireplace, except for a few rooms which are preserved as hypoallergenic.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank szymanskimom
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Wedmore because we were wedding guests at the Williamsburg Winery. The hotel is a nice 21st century rendition of a European Chalet. The front desk personnel were not that helpful upon our arrival. There are no bellmen. We made our way to Room 28, which was nicely and uniquely decorated. The shower was a bathroom tub with shower; not as nice as a true shower. Who uses a tub in a hotel nowadays anyway? We were fortunate to have a working fireplace In our room which we used. The hotel sent someone up to start the fire and it burned for 3 hours. Very nice, although I must say that the room smelled of burnt wood from then on. Oh well, the fire was very nice while it lasted! I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was attending an event at the winery. For a visit to Colonial Williamsburg, there are better choices closer to town.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Decided to take my wife away (from where we live in northern VA) for 4 days during the Thanksgiving Holiday, and stay at the Wedmore Place in Williamsburg, VA. Made the reservation in May 2017. Phoned them late October to inquire about the Thanksgiving Meal - they replied, it's from 12 to 3 PM for $68 pp + tax + grat. No mention from them that I needed a reservation to eat there, even though I mentioned I was a hotel guest at that time. Received a phone call November 5 from Jeff Hobson - to let me know that there is no more room in the dining room for the Thanksgiving Meal - it's full.
I said - 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME? - I am staying at the hotel - paying $235 a night - and I can't eat there? What a joke'.
Cancelled my reservation. Absolutely TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT !!!

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank Cliff39
Kristen D, General Manager at Wedmore Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do our very best to cover everything at the time of making the reservation about our dining, tours and tasting here at the Winery. That is one of the many reasons we send out a detailed confirmation letter stating reservations are recommended. As a practice we call each of our guests travelling prior to arrival as a courtesy for any special requests to make their stay more enjoyable.